Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Three evenings and one afternoon of presbytery meetings.

Every time, every year, I am amazed. Amazed by God. Amazed by His care. Amazed by how much bigger His plans are than ours.

This year, I was also amazed by how well my children have done with three evenings out. (I'm also amazed by what a difference having a nursery available makes, since last year during our presbytery meetings there wasn't one and those nights were... umm... busy for me.) Sunday night was, by far, the kids' worst night, and even that was very manageable. Monday was better and tonight they did great! I am encouraged that the more Daniel and I bring them along, the more they learn how to behave, how to be flexible, how to get past feeling tired, etc. And I know that the more they learn those things, the more they will learn to value corporate gatherings. (I know because I, too, was once a three-year-old who fell asleep on sanctuary floors-- and I know that my love for being with the family of God comes straight from my parents' hearts to mine.)

Yes, it is true that satan is at work and people sin. And, yes, there is evil all around us. But may I give an equal "Yes!" that God is working and building and strengthening?!

Because He is.

3 comments:

  1. He really is amazing. i am glad you were able to be part of the mtgs. having nursery care during such times is a wonderful blessing... we do not have such a system set up yet. so, sometimes i go and watch the kids myself (i take them in a diff rm after worship) or i just stay home and put them to bed. they're fine being in worship and playing after, but sometimes staying home is the smarter choice for us. they have been real good the times we've brought them and actually stayed in the sanctuary. i love pastor charlie sweet. he was just up here a couple of weeks ago. he and his wife are wonderful people and a great blessing.  

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think God's also showing you that you don't have to worry, he will take care of things when you can't.  Don't worry about what you can't do while you're resting!  That resting is important!  We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "But may I give an equal "Yes!" that God is working and building and strengthening?!"
    YES, of course you may! And I agree!

    ReplyDelete