Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Random

:: Today I figured out that each month we are the recipients of:

136oz. cereal
14 gallons milk
12lbs. cheese
8.5 dozen eggs
21 cans juice
+ misc. amounts of fresh fruits & veggies

The fact that we (most months) manage to consume all of this kind of grosses me out. 12 pounds of cheese???

:: Bronwyn is 36lbs and 38" tall. Yeah, she's only 2lbs less than Gabriel and 2" shorter. No wonder people ask me all the time if they're twins.

(By the way, Bronwyn's continued 95th-percentile size only fruther proves-- for anyone who didn't believe my low blood sugar levels of 50-60mg during pregnancy-- that she was a very legitimate 10lb baby!)

:: I bought these maternity jeans. Last pregnancy, I bought one pair of "real waist" maternity pants because they were so cheap. When they were still my favorite pair of maternity pants at 40 weeks, I decided that the manufactorers don't quite know what they're talking about when they say they're really only good for months 0-6. I love having maternity pants that actually have snaps and beltloops. (Especially since I wore them this week and felt a little less like I was busting out the maternity clothes for real!)

:: The end of the semester is quickly closing in. I can't believe how time flies by.

(OK, so it feels a bit less like it's "flying" now that I sit around almost 24/7, but you know what I mean...)

:: I was glad to hear this recent news. While I know that this is really a small victory in a war that is ultimately for hearts and lives and not just laws, it is nonetheless a victory. I am grateful.

16 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, if there is one thing that will put me in an instant bad mood during pregnancy, it is those stupid maternity jeans that won't stay UP! Nothing bugs me more than having to constantly hike up my pants when they keep creeping down due to the excessive elastic panels. So good job on the find! Another solution is to buy normal stretch jeans a size bigger than you normally wear. I did this, and it worked GREAT. My sister-in-law is due in early June and she is still wearing her "regular" jeans as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too loved the "normal feeling" pregnancy jeans.  They are great for right after the baby is born too and you don't feel so much like you are still wearing maternity jeans.  I just want to let you know that I think of you (and pray) often.  I know that it is hard for you to "sit around 24/7" but can you think of a more wonderful outcome than a healthy baby?  So worth it!  Hang in there only 24 weeks to go!!!!! 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think its so funny that I ordered those same jeans last friday and am anxiously waiting on them in the mail. Your food list made me go "wow", but I suppose little growing mouths eat lots more than I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you know that Price Chopper will give you the buy one get one offers on cheese and cereal with the WIC vouchers?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you are doing well; even if it is having to sit around 24/7.  And at least Bronwyn & Gabrielle look alike...our guys (Greg and Krissy) get a kick out of people asking them if they are twins!  Maybe we should just start saying, "Yes!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice jeans! They're the best for after delivery when it's so not fun to put maternity clothes back on. How are you? I've been praying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am impressed by your wic totals=) i thought we had a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay I've posted! I wish I had your phone number on hand so I could have called you sooner.(How terrible is it that I don't have your # - i'm a bad friend). We had so many stops after the apppointment today and didnt' get home until 8pm. So its there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. well, everyone used to think me and my brother right after me were twins. also, when my #5 and 6 brother and sister were in school, people used to ask them all the time if they were twins. they  finally decided since so many people were asking them, they would become twins. so they made up a birthday for themselves and everything. people believed it. pretty cool. i LOVe the jeans! wish i had a pair. was going to post the  same news on my xanga. terrific isn't it? and thanks for your comment on gatekeeping. there really are so many hearts, etc.. to watch out for once we have children. how are you feeling. i so wish i could bring you a meal and help you out at your house. we were going to try making it for HBS but rick would have to be back sat nite. bummer. i was already planning a dinner for you, etc.. we'll get there sometime. love you, brietta. big hugs. sorry so long. i should've emailed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The term "right to choose" enrages me.
    No one wants to word it this way- "Right to stop a beating heart" or "Right to suck the brain matter out of a thriving fetus".
    I guess the less excited/graphic response would be-
    I agree with you on that last tid-bit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't beleive that Bronwyn weighs 36 lbs. Erin is only 31! She's getting so big. Erin is around 38 inches tall so they're around the same height!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ryc: I know you have to be signed in to your xanga acct to see protected posts, but besides that, I have no clue. you are a "friend" and on my protected list, so you should be able to see the pics. on a different note, will and hallie get mistaken for twins too, and they are nowhere near alike in height. some ppl are just... dopey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'm glad you get to look up Melinda every week. her performances are definitely worth hearing. i never thought of looking performances up on utube. that performance of Phil's was definitely his best one-you haven't missed much otherwise. i really enjoyed listening to him perform that-prob partly b/c i knew he was doing keith urban which i knew Louissa would think that was cool b/c she likes him so much and that made me smile. i really did enjoy that song and it made me want to take a listen to a little more of keith. i had never heard him before. and it really iS so nice: no more sanjaya.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the comment.  Yes, yes, yes.
    Praying for you and the fam, that God will continue giving daily grace...

    ReplyDelete