Monday, April 2, 2007

The Latest

:: I went to church yesterday for the 6th time so far this calendar year. It was wonderful. These last several weeks have given me a new sense of appreciation for corporate gatherings with my family in Christ. No amount of solid reading, good worship music, or challenging thoughts replaces the encouragement and stirring I receive when I am around others who love Jesus. I need it.

:: This weekend has been spent at my family's house. Everyone has gone above and beyond to make sure the children are cared for-- especially Camilla. I'm still here at Mom's, since a typical Monday starts for Daniel at 9:30am and ends at 10:30pm. That's a long time for this mom who isn't supposed to be climbing stairs or lifting children to be on her own, so we just opted to stay here one more day.

:: Daniel said the BASIC weekend was amazing. The crew that went down was the biggest to date and the time there has been declared by several as "the best yet!" Everyone seems to be agreeing that, though they missed worship with Isaiah Six, it was a powerful time and they were met by the Lord. One international student even gave his life to the Lord!

:: Several noted yesterday (I was noticing a couple days prior) that I'm starting to get that infamous baby "bulge." Experienced moms have told me that it happens earlier each time and I seem to be proving them all right. I think I will be in maternity clothes well before 20 weeks this time around.

:: Easter Sunday is around the corner and I find my anticipation building. There won't be decorations out at my house this year and I won't be making cheesebraids or cardamom bread, but nothing can take away the joy of salvation. As Christians saved by grace, we are hopefully celebrating our Savior's death and resurrection everyday. still, I cannot deny the distinct sense of rejoicing that Easter Sunday always brings.

:: The kids are watching a movie with several of extended family members. I am enjoying the fact that I can sit in the kitchen with music on and not worry about what might be (is?) happening in the other room.

:: ... Yeah... that's all.

3 comments:

  1. I have never made cheesebraids but I think I have seen them before. Are they delicious? I'll have to find a recipe.
    I really want to start some solid Easter traditions around here. Maybe I'll get creative...
    Glad to hear that you made it to church! I bet that felt so refreshing! I was planning to go to CFC on Sunday but my alarm never went off and by the time I woke up (keep in mind, I go to bed around 5 a.m.), it was too late to get the kids ready in time, even with Superman speed! I miss church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been in church one Sunday in the past 2 months and I miss it too. 
    As for maternity clothes...  I have to laugh!  I am 8 weeks right now and my jeans are all tight.  Even my "big" jeans that I have to wear a belt with usually, I dont have to use a belt anymore.  By the time I hit 12 weeks (or so), I am in maternity bottoms -no way around it for me.  Why is that?!  LOL!!  Not complaining, mind you...  just contemplating the difference in each person.   

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was not out of the first trimester this time before I had to put on the maternity clothes...I think it was as much my belly's sensitivity to ANY pressure as much as increased size, but it still makes me worry how big I will be by 9 months.  Even with Caedmon, though, I didn't make it through 20 weeks in my normal clothes.  I guess my body just gets big easily :).

    ReplyDelete