Tuesday, July 18, 2006

What did I do when I was told that our car repairs would cost around $1000 when all was said and done?

I emptied out the refrigerator (there was something relieving about the sound of my disposal running for a good five minutes) and thought about His provision; I thought about how He's provided for me in the past--multitudes of times and in multitudes of ways--and I thought about how many times He promises His provision in His Word.

It helped. It helped me remember Who it is that watches out for me.

Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you. --1 Peter 5:6-7

O God, when You went forth before Your people, When you marched through the wilderness... The earth quaked; The heavens also dropped rain at the presence of God; Sinai itself quaked at the presence of God, the God of Israel. You shed abroad a plentiful rain, O God; You confirmed Your inheritance when it was parched. Your creatures settled in it; You provided in Your goodness for the poor, O God. The Lord gives the command; The women who proclaim the good tidings are a great host. --Psalm 68:7-11

1 comment: