Monday, July 10, 2006

Today I received the first detailed schedule from the Daniel and team since their arrival in Spain. In great defense of them, I'm fairly certain this is the first time they've known their schedule much in advance; up until now, they've been working in and around Malaga and letting the churches there plan their days. At any rate, I thought I would pass this along for those who are interested and for those who are praying:

Tonight: prayer-walking in Granada. (By now they've seen the gardens there, as they had tickets for seeing them at 5:30pm Spain-time. They also cleaned for some people in the church in Malaga earlier in the day.)

Tomorrow: a 2-hour meeting for youth ages 8-18 in the "Ghetto" or "problematic neighborhood" somewhere in the Malaga area. Afterwards they will drive the 1 and a 1/2 hours to Gibraltar for a prayer meeting there.

Wednesday: take the ferry to Morocco to meet with a 24-year-old guy who is very influential in the church there, do some prayer-walking, etc.

Thursday-Sunday: minister at a church in Estepona. Thursday-Saturday they will traverse the neighborhoods inviting people to outreaches in the evenings; and on Sunday morning they will do the local church's worship service.

Monday: travel the 7-8 hours to Madrid and join with a ministry there for an evening outreach.

Tuesday: tour in the morning and then in the evening.

Wednesday: come home!

4 comments:

  1. huzzah! i miss the frenetic pace of missions trips ... but there's something to be said for normal life too, eh?

    keep on keeping on ... your missionary comes home a week from wednesday ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you email me that second schedule you put up?  The one with the tables?  I can't read it, and with all these comments lately I'm quite interested in what it says.  Somehow I missed that post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, it actually took me all this time to put together the fact that a group from Madrid, New York was traveling to Madrid, Spain. That's kinda funny. I only realized 'cause I got confused by the reference above concerning a trip to Madrid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, it actually took me all this time to put together the fact that a group from Madrid, New York was traveling to Madrid, Spain. That's kinda funny. I only realized 'cause I got confused by the reference above concerning a trip to Madrid.

    ReplyDelete