Saturday, July 29, 2006

On a morning like this, I would usually concentrate on the "awful" nature of my night due to a fussy and often-awake 6-month-old. Today, I am seeking to consider the joy this particular baby brings to my life; and to remember the childless couple who would gladly forsake sleep for the amazing wonder of holding an infant of their own.

On a morning like this, I would usually drown in the list of "to do"s--knowing the house is needing a thorough cleaning just about everywhere (especially the window sills that have been collecting flies this past week) and wondering why my life only ever seems to amount to cleaning and cooking and baking. Today, I am seeking to focus on the real task that lies before me: building His Kingdom; and seeing the list of things before me as a means to an end and not the end itself.

On a morning like this, I would usually grumble about "always" being the one to stay home while others get to go. Today, I am seeking to give thanks for the blessing of His provision that allows me to be the daily influence in my children's lives; and to praise Him for the memories that are mine to keep and not those of a babysitter or daycare worker.

On a morning like this, I would usually be tempted to measure my value and worth by the things I do, and I would usually come up "lacking." Today, I am reminded of Whose daughter I am, and that I am only ever accepted and significant because of Jesus' blood and never because of anything I can or can't do.

On a morning like this, I want the words of my mouth the meditation of my heart [to] Be acceptable in thy sight, O Jehovah, my rock, and my redeemer.

3 comments:

  1. How timely came this post to me today!  Thanks for reminding me to stay focused... thanks for the e-mail as well, I will certainly write you more about that as soon as I get on somewhat of a routine.  Adriana seems to be finally finding a "pace" for her feedings and that will make it easier to function as a normal person during day time =0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were wonderful thoughts and reminders to all of us, whatever our station. We all have cause to complain if our eyes fall, and we all have great cause for rejoicing when our eyes look to the hills! Thanks for lifting your eyes and mine as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate the comments you've left. I feel terrible for not responding sooner, but I'm sure, as you've gathered from my last post, things are insane. I'm finding the hardest thing to do these day is to say "no, i'm sorry, we're just too busy". I suppose I don't have the right words to make it sound unselfish and just real, because on the one or two occasions I've managed the bravery to say so, things didn't turn out so well. Any thoughts? :)
    I would love the contact information for the baby moses basket makers! :)
    Anyhow, so glad you're all home safe and the kids room looks great! You honestly do such a great work on your home - decorating and cleaning aspects.
    As I was reading your last post I kept thinking that my house isn't kept up, i haven't baked in forever, and i feel we haven't had a good sit down dinner meal in over a week due to this schedule. Can I hide out at your house?? ;) (I'll cook, clean, and bake!)

    ReplyDelete