Wednesday, July 5, 2006

Sometimes my son says things that seem far too grown up for a 3-year-old to be saying. I do think he's smart, but I think he says these things simply because he's often around people much older than him.

Yesterday:

Where's the parade, Mom?

In Norwood.

Oh, he responded very matter-of-factly. Where the Dales live.

Right. Because every 3-year-old keeps track of which town people he knows are from.

This morning, at the breakfast table:

Gabriel and Bronwyn, do you guys remember why Daddy's in Spain?

Heads shake, even though we talk about this at least once a day before I pray for Daniel and the team in Spain.

Because there are people there who don't know Jesus, and Daddy's telling them about how Jesus died on the cross and rose again for them.

After some thought, Gabriel said, I think Daddy should just stay here and tell the people in Madrid about Jesus.

5 comments:

  1. What a compliment to your parenting!

    How cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny! You all probably miss Daniel so much as he is away. I hope all is going well for you all! I am now home again. I feel so out of the loop. What has been happening lately? Anything? See you sunday!

    AnDi

    ReplyDelete