Friday, July 14, 2006

I laid the kids down (successfully) for naps and began tackling the things I still needed to do: clean the bathrooms, laundry, wash lunch dishes, etc. By the time I was done doing those things and had eaten some lunch myself, it had been almost 2 hours since I laid Jack--the first to begin napping--in his bed. Wanting a nap myself but not wanting to be woken from a too-short nap much more, I refrained from laying down and decided a "rest" with a book was a better idea. (I am less prone to irritability when just plain tired than when was-asleep-tired.)

Of course, today would be the day that all 3 are still asleep--an hour after I decided not to sleep!

4 comments:

  1. that happens to me ALL the time... stinks!    enjoy the quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It never fails!  I have the same challenge as well, and have recently decided to just forge through my predictable fatigue hours and wait 'till an early bedtime.  By the time my older two are ready to even remotely sit quietly in their beds (forget sleeping) Grace is ready to get up and play.   It actually works out nicely because I stay up to watch her but she's low maintenance right now and I can do other things, like sewing or cleaning or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I encounter the same thing with Lois. When i lay down Lis wakes up in like15 minutes. When i decide to skip the nap becasue i hate being woken up, she sleeps for hours. Kids are funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That seems to be the way of it... lol.

    See ya in the morn!

    AnDi

    ReplyDelete