Wednesday, July 19, 2006

My feet are ice cubes this morning; I actually woke up during the night at one point because I was cold. It feels good to sip my coffee and enjoy not only the flavor but also the temperature of the steaming liquid. I think the predicted high is only in the mid 80s.

Tomorrow morning we'll all be here. I am excited beyond words.

Yesterday lots of things broke. (Yes, you read that correctly: broke.) But I guess I really must be growing in my ability to see things for what they are: things; and money for what it is: money. Life happens.

Friday morning we leave first thing in the a.m. for Michigan. Daniel is a best man in a wedding there on Saturday. (Yes, you read that correctly: a best man. There are two.) We will have to make a long drive in a short amount of time, so we're leaving Gabriel and Bronwyn here with my two returning-from-Spain sisters. One thing I am glad for is that our car will be in tip-top shape for the trip!

I've been busy at work around the house in Daniel's absence, but haven't written of my efforts here because Daniel has been reading from Spain and I want to surprise him. I'm still not sure if the team is able to get a signal from Jamie's computer while waiting in the airport in London, so I will yet refrain from detailing my efforts.

Last night as we sat down to our meal of scrambled eggs and spinach in whole wheat pita bread, bananas, and peaches for what felt like the 100th time, I sighed with relief that Daniel will be home soon and I will have an excuse to use a "real" menu. We sure have saved a lot of money (we've spent less than half of what we usually spend!) by eating simple meals, but I think I've had enough eggs to last me the whole year!

Jackson can squirm all over the family floor, getting himself stuck under
bookshelves and upholstered furniture, but he still hasn't quite
mastered sitting up on his own. Does this make sense to
anyone?--because I sure don't get it!

My list of "to dos" is made. I got a lot done yesterday beyond what I'd even hoped to do--like cleaning out the fridge!--but there is still a significant list before me... Have I mentioned yet that I'm more tired than I've been since... well... since the last time I gave birth?!?! It's a good thing my cup of Starbucks french blend is caffeinated.

And it's a really good thing He's proven to me these last three weeks how much more He and I can handle than I'd ever thought I could.

There. My morning thoughts as I sip said coffee.

5 comments:

  1. Where do you get your motivation for all these things you do?  Energy is one thing, and motivation is something entirely different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. woah. lots of thoughts.

    all of them good. i enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally shallow comment: I just noticed the difference in your hair color from now to your profile pic- I really like it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally not-shallow comment: Have a wonderful time traveling to Michigan with your biggest boy and your littlest boy. This will be like a vacation for you after being without the biggest boy for so long. Hope you two get to dance at the wedding and truly enjoy your time. Eric and I laugh bcause he has been in about 100 weddings and I have been in oh, say, about NONE! It's very funny since he'd really rather NOT and (you know me) I'd RATHER! Just one more ironic tidbit to add to our collection, right? Have a GREAT time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Joy was crawling before she sat up well, but I can't remember for sure?  It seemed like it took a long time for her to sit up. 
    Poor Alan, I was just thinking of him yesterday and how much he has broken.  Big things!  The glass in the front door, the pool filter by hitting it with the lawn mower and now I think he has broken the satellite dish by hitting it with the lawn mower.  He's the one that needs to get a job!  lol  None of it's on purpose....his dad used to break a lot of stuff too(of mine!).  As for the mowing, I had even been out with him when he was doing it, except for only one time I think, at least after the filter incident....but we need him to start doing things, and taking the mowing over for Matthew....Alan is always asking to make extra money, he gets a small stipend for mowing...except for the time he hit the filter....Glad Daniel is coming home, I know everyone will be excited. 

    ReplyDelete