Thursday, July 13, 2006

Carina was amazing in Always... Patsy Cline last night. I mean, really amazing. And I'm not just writing that because she's my sister. Her voice sounded incredible--and she wasn't even singing her "ideal" range!

I sat and watched her and wondered when we all grew up; when we put away childish things and in earnest began this journey of becoming who He has created us to be. In many ways, I miss girlhood days; days of rushing through chores so as to make lots and lots of time for playing with siblings... days of spending summers carefree and without places to go and things to do (and, don't worry, I know us older siblings are the very reason my younger siblings have no clue what that's like)... days of being more alike than we were different; but I love discovering my sisters and brothers in all their grown-up destiny even more than I loved being children together. I think I mind the changes less because I know we'll always be family, regardless of where He leads.

I also sat and wished I wasn't alone. Last night was the first night I've left Jackson with babysitters (aka the best sisters in the world), and I left him to go out by myself. You can't even know how much I was missing Daniel throughout the whole evening. (OK, maybe you can.)

This morning I sit here and enjoy the peace of two children taking naps and one watching his hour of PBS television shows. Though I have been fairly successful in inching the children closer to a 7am wake-up and further away from a 6am wake-up, I find that the later hour means they immediately dive into action even more than they normally would. I had to endure almost three hours of absolute mayhem to get to this peaceful moment. At least I am appreciating the calm more for the craziness!

Six more morning routines minus Daniel. Seven more dinners and seven more bedtimes without Daddy. We're beginning the countdown, and I am glad.

1 comment:

  1. To me its funny to think about the past and how me and my siblings were. That is mainly because I remember everything and they have conveniently forgotten EVERYTHING! Sometimes I say to my sister closest in age to me, "You remember the time when..." and she says No. Stating that I remember everything and make fun of me for remembering when I swore I almost got kidnapped. So it is sad to remember things that no one remembers. I guess that is why I am the youngest though, so I can remind them of all the stuff that happened since I came along. The oldest in our family is only 5 years difference from the youngest (ME). So we are all close.

    AnDi

    ReplyDelete