Wednesday, October 1, 2008

So far this week...


... I've picked out and purchased all the paint for the new kitchen/family room. Fun and yet oh so stressful! In 3-4 weeks I'll get to see if I love, hate, or am just-okay-with my color choices.

... we added to our household! Laura is her name and she is in her mid-twenties. She has blonde hair and laughs a lot and is already a comfortable part of our home. (It helps that she spent a week here at the end of August when she was considering moving up more permanently.) We don't know how long she'll be here (probably at least the rest of the semester, after that, who knows???), but I'll take whatever we get. She's a blast.

... Aubrey slept two nights in a row only waking once to nurse. It was amazing. Unfortunately, last night she was back to her former ways of waking 5-6x between the hours of 10pm and 7am. Ugh. I mean, I'm not asking for 1x/night wake-ups or anything-- 2-3x/night sounds just about perfect-- but I wouldn't mind a little more shut-eye either. I'm just saying.

... the kids have spent lots of time outdoors. They are "exploring" in the trees on the edges of our yard. I think it's incredibly cute that they are so small and this world is still so big and amazing to them. I hope they never outgrow being enamored by all there is to see and experience in God's creation.

... we've eaten tomatoes, green peppers, and summer squash from our garden. Such days are numbered, unfortunately, so I am trying to enjoy every little bit as much as I possibly can.

... the leaves have really started to turn and I must say that it's beautiful enough to make up for the descending cold and the impending loss of our fresh vegetables. I love autumn in the north country. Truth be told, I'm not sure I would love autumn as much as I do if I hadn't grown up here. There's just something about this place in the fall. It takes your breath away.

... I've been encouraged and renewed in the Lord's goodness. Last week was a sad and heavy week for me for a number of reasons. In the midst of sadness, He reminds me that while it's true that this place, this earth, isn't my real home, His joy is still my strength. I'm thankful.


5 comments:

  1. You're doing a great job, Bri! Soon enough Aubrey will be a toddler sitting at your table refusing to eat her peas, or some such thing.  ;)  Thanks for investing so faithfully in such a precious little lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're going with scrubbable paint!
    (is scrubbable a word?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @LisaMCriscitello - I think I am, but time will truly tell!I asked Eric a couple weeks ago what paint he likes/recommends, he kind of looked at me and was like, "Well, with a lot of little kids you're gonna be painting in a couple years anyway..."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh...so what are the color choices.  Not names cause who knows how they pick some of those!  Yellow, blue, green???  I am in love with the color I picked for our living room.  I am soo happy with it.  Can't wait to see pictures.  As soon as I get to the house, I'll post some more updated pics.  Carpet was installed yesterday!  Yay!!  So glad to be rid of the orange, grossly dirty, 40 year old carpet that was there.  Our cabinets should be arriving in 1-2 weeks and we just bought our appliances last weekend.  Whew...I look forward to just getting to live in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @sarahk04 - green.   (Grape Leaves-- Behr paint-- to be exact!)    At first I really didn't know what I wanted to go with; I'd been thinking something more neutral for such a big space.  But then with having a cathedral ceiling, I felt like the room would be very Blah if I didn't pick a good color for it.   So hopefully this is the ticket!   The trim will all be white (Dairy Cow, I think!) and the cupboards are going to be a medium-ish stained birch.

    ReplyDelete