Tuesday, October 14, 2008

How the days fly by!


This semester is almost completely filled up. Yesterday Daniel and I sat down for a few minutes together to discuss good potential dates for Aubrey's procedure before I went ahead and called the cardiologists. We thought it would be an easy task, but weren't we surprised to find that week by week we went through the calendar and struggled to find many options between now and Christmas. In the end, of course, we'll do what we have to do to get it squeezed in, but it won't be as simple as we'd thought it would be.

I am loving autumn this year. It's been breathtaking and unseasonably mild. The only blip in it might be Halloween, which is just an ugly and awful day, in my opinion. [Bunny trail: I have yet to find any activity that redeems it, though the years my family spent it eating at dinner at Sergi's sure came close to doing the trick. If anyone has any suggestions...] However, it's been hard to find time to just enjoy the weather and outdoors. I try not to be offended by the fact that the bathrooms still have to be cleaned and the laundry still has to be done even when I'd rather just blow it all off and take the kids on long walks.

In about 5 or 6 weeks (we have yet to nail down exact travel dates) we'll be heading to Pittsburgh for Thanksgiving. Um, wow: the end of November is only in 5 or 6 weeks??? We are super excited about the trip, if less than enthused about the rapid disappearance of time. Besides Daniel's trip Memorial Day weekend with 3 kids to Cook Forest, we haven't been to PA in over a year. Aubrey has yet to meet many of her Paladin relatives. It is high time!

Busy days can tend to crowd out relationships. I am doing my best to not neglect them. So over the weekend, we had good friends stay with us for the weekend. Area friends joined all of us for dinner Saturday night. Sunday after church we gather with the family for a big meal before Mom headed off to California for a month. Tonight we're having more friends over for dinner. It's just good to be with people and remember that the never-ending list of Things To Do is not the most important thing in life. Not to mention, it's a lot more fun than crossing one more thing off.


4 comments:

  1. I had the kids at the Canton Farmer's Market today.
    I second the observation about this autumn being breathtaking.
    The kids played football in the crunchy leaves and it was all so wonderful.
    At one point, as I sat on the park bench snuggling Libby, I wished it could last forever.
    But it won't.
    And it's OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A redeeming activity for Halloween?  It's my birthday   So birthday celebrations for my lovely self must be redeeming enough

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish that we were close by to be one of your visitors!  Tell the kids that we love their trees.  They are on our refrigerator and the kids like to tell people about how their cousins made them! 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much thanks to you for giving such significant data, and a debt of gratitude is for sharing this Business Promotion system.

    ReplyDelete