Thursday, October 23, 2008

Why vote prolife


More thoughts from a great writer on the issue of abortion in the upcoming election:

"I don’t think someone is a good candidate just because he is prolife. But he cannot be a good candidate unless he is prolife. Personally, if he is committed to legalized child-killing, as a matter of conscience I must vote against him...

"OF COURSE THERE ARE OTHER ISSUES. I don't minimize them. All I can say is the differences between the candidates on those issues don't stack up, even cumulatively, to the legalized killing of human beings. It's a matter of relative importance, not just a number of issues. A man who is a good husband in most respects, but who beats his wife, is not a good husband. That issue outweighs all the others.

"...Now, if you think... that the difference between the candidates isn't that great, or they will not influence the future of abortion in this country, I challenge you to look at Obama's dogged commitment to the legalized killing of unborn children, backed up by his 100% proabortion voting record. And look at McCain's repeatedly stated commitment, also demonstrated by his voting record, to oppose the legalized killing of children. If you think your presidential vote is not for or against unborn children, you don't understand the significance of the Freedom of Choice Act or the significance of the balance of power of the Supreme Court with the Obama judges who are certain to be pro-legal-abortion and the McCain judges who are virtually certain to be anti-legal-abortion.

"...I've heard other prolife people say "I don't like either candidate, so I'm not voting at all." Well, ask yourself who you're willing to punish by not voting. If it's political parties who will pay, fine, I really don't care about them.... (Don't vote for the man, vote for generations of children who will have a chance to live if he's elected, even if he's just a mediocre president in other areas.)

"...I have seen what abortion does. I've seen the severed limbs of children. I once held in my hands part of an unborn child that had been put in an abortion clinic dumpster. It hurt deep in my gut. I've seen abortion up close. It is not a theoretical or philosophical issue. It is a bloody crime against humanity and against the Creator."

read all of it

I was weeping by the end and I think you will be, too.


8 comments:

  1. Another excellent entry by Mr Alcorn.  My heart physically aches when I think of what will happen if we dont vote this single issue this year.  Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  2.  My heart and spirit are sick with the thought that Obama could be the next leader of this country. Thank you for posting this, I have to admit that in the beginning of this race I thought about voting for Obama. Lord forgive me for my foolishness. My eyes were blinded for a moment but the Lord opened them to the truth. I look forward to Friday in Canton and any other time I can stay up for the ones who are unable to have a voice. Jesus protect the little ones.
    Chelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ChellePerez - I think many of us initially saw much about Obama that was like-able. Sadly, we are realizing how very, very deceived he is.Either way, whether Obama wins or loses, I continually remind myself that Jesus is on the throne. And I am convicted to do much, much more to save one baby at a time. We are His church and His anointing is upon us for this work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's difficult sometimes to even want to continue on in this world.  I find myself longing even more for the Lord's return with each passing day.  Your reply was excellent Brietta!  All of us need that reminding!  I believe the best thing we can do is to continue in prayer for the Lord to return to our nation in power.  That's why I started www.prayerbowl.wordpress.com  So many people have forgotten the power of prayer and what God can and will do.  Prayer and His word are the only things that really still my heart and give peace to know He is and always will be in control.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't imagine voting any other way. In the Declaration of Independence, the inalienable rights of man are as follows: Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. As Christian we know that: Right now, three things remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. Taking those into consideration, I think it would be fair to establish that life and love should be the main objectives to Christian Americans (and hopefully many others) in any election.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for providing such a valuable information and thanks for sharing this matter.

    ReplyDelete