Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Procrastination


We've had some really beautiful fall days. I think this autumn is the kind of autumn that we remember for years. The trees are unbelievable. The leaves crunch underground as you walk down the sidewalk. The sky is either blue or gray, but never rainy. The air is crisp while the sun is warm.

Perfect.

You'd think with such lovely fall weather that I'd be fully inspired for fall. I guess I've been pretty tired because I can't seem to muster myself up for much beyond the necessities: laundry, cooking, cleaning, schooling, training. Add to that regular strolls through the town with the kids and the necessary errands that seem to come up all the time, and I'm DONE. No pumpkin bread here. Not even an apple crisp. No raking of leaves, no cutting down of gardens for the winter.

Next week, I tell myself when I think of all the things I should be doing.

This week Gabriel starts Friday Program. He is mostly excited, if a little apprehensive. I can't believe this is starting. Is it OK if I kind of wish it wasn't? Can't we just go back to the toddler years? Forget about science fairs and choir performances and uniforms and textbooks? He's growing up and I think I'm just not ready. Not today anyway.

Next week, maybe.

I keep having to make decisions about our project. On the one hand, this is exactly my dream come true. I don't want ugly faux wood laminate countertops any more! I am so excited for tons more cupboard space and a family room. But, really, I have to pick out new stuff? And while I'm excited about the visions I have in my mind for the new space, I am also pretty overwhelmed at the idea of having to put it all together. I mean, seriously, can't general contractors make the curtains, too???

The dishwasher and microwave have to be purchased. We plan on waiting to get the new refrigerator and range next spring. There are more important things to take care of at present, like the heating system in our house. Which reminds me, we have to figure out when we're going to tackle some of that.

Next week.


3 comments:

  1. Ok... Now I am really feeling homesick.  I have been trying not to think about missing my favorite time of year in NY.  Dont suppose you care to post some pictures of the leaves and fall views?? 
    Take a deep breath of that crisp air for me and enjoy every minute -we all know that everything else will wait. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have me laughing.  I just told Ryan that I feel like I just can't catch up with everything.  I guess getting caught up can wait until next week!   
    I love the profile pic.  It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you again for your flawless service, and I look forward to working with you in the future.

    ReplyDelete