Saturday, September 27, 2008

The joys of teething


Out of my four children, Aubrey has handled teething the worst. The boys were typical teethers-- a good deal of fussing and drooling, and a bit less sleeping than usual. With Bronwyn, I often didn't realize she had been teething until I saw new teeth-- nice! Then there's Aubrey...

Aubrey runs a fever, usually gets a runny nose, sleeps pathetically, nurses at least every 1-1/2 to 2 hours around the clock, and cries almost non-stop when teething.

Guess which one of my four children is the only one to get both her bottom and top 1-year molars right around the same time?

Yeah... you guessed it.

*sigh*

I'm tired.


3 comments:

  1. How can I help, Bri? Can I make you guys a meal or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to let you know my response to you comment was pretty long so I put it on my blog.  And if there is anything we can do to help out during the teething, let me know!  I have room for one more kid to be squeezed into my van on the field trip tomorrow if you want to send Gabriel along with your mom.  Not sure if that's helpful or not, just wanted to offer. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so feel for you!  Both the boys are Aubrey teethers.  It is so draining.  It takes its toll on everyone.  To top it off, they both teeth very slowly so it seems like they teeth most all the time!  Samuel has been better in terms of "rate of teeth gowth".  I am looking forward to a little brake in a few days.  His top teeth are through but they are still bothering him.  This makes 4 teeth at 5 1/2 months!  Their smiles change so much once those pearly whites start showing!  I love it!

    ReplyDelete