Friday, October 10, 2008

More on Aubrey::


:: Aubrey has decided in the last 2 weeks that she loves food. Like, she actually gets angry when we don't share with her! I wouldn't say that she eats astounding amounts, but she wants to be able to try everything we have. (Unfortunately for her, this isn't always possible for various reasons.)

:: Perhaps not coincidentally, Aubrey is really growing! Her cheeks are filling out and her belly is getting rounder! (This may also be in part because she suffers from slow bowels due to not wanting to drink anything besides breastmilk.) I am loving this!

:: We got a letter from the cardiologists last week saying they did indeed discuss Aubrey in a recent conference and have decided they would like to go ahead and schedule an esophageal echocardiogram. Daniel and I need to consult our calendar so we can plan this. I must confess that I'm kind of dreading yet another trip to Syracuse, but I realize this is an important step in Aubrey's care. While she'll have to be put under general anesthesia for this procedure, it is much less invasic than a heart catheterization, which I'm glad about.

:: Next Monday Aubrey starts this year's round of Synagis shots. Not a bit fun.

:: It has now been almost 5 nights in a row that Aubrey has only woken 2-3x. I am definitely loving the increased sleep! 3 of her 4 molars are in and the 4th has started breaking through her gums, which I'm sure is a large part of the reason that she's sleeping better again. Even though I'm starting to feel her last incisor making it's appearance, that sort of tooth doesn't seem to cause quite the misery molars do. Not to mention that since she's had the others for a couple months, her smile has been rather lopsided until now.

:: Thrush or whatever it was seems totally cleared up without taking Diflucan! Nursing is once again pain-free as of yesterday. Woo-hoo!!!!


5 comments:

  1. Yay! Lots of great news in one post!...the positive thing about trips to Syracuse this time of year is that you have to do Christmas shopping at some point anyway, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @danicasinclair - Kind of... except I've done almost all my Christmas shopping already.  Last year I got really good at online shopping since I couldn't bring Aubrey to many public places; it was so convenient, that I've pretty much repeated myself.  I have gifts for all sisters, grandparents, cousins, and almost all the kids' stocking stuff already.  Much of what isn't purchased is planned-- and will be bought online.  So really, the extra opportunity for stores is just temptation to buy more!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news.  I'm so glad for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is all in the Lord's hands, and He will guide and direct.
    The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord. God
    is good, all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an interesting blog. You are very knowledgeable about this subject. Please check out my site.

    ReplyDelete