Saturday, December 8, 2007

Tagged


I've been tagged!






















1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both. But I try to avoid using bags for the kids because it’s more fun to watch
them tear at the paper. And my Christmas paper has to
coordinate. Just ‘cause I’m like that.

2. Real tree or artificial? Real.
But I must confess that I’m no longer scoffing quite so much at the thought of
an artificial one after having so many troubles getting our tree securely
standing this year.

3. When do you put up the tree?
Early December.

4. When do you take the tree down? A day or 2 after New Year's.

5. Do you like eggnog? Only
good homemade eggnog-- the store bought stuff is too thick.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
That’s a tough one. My first memorable gift is the play kitchen set Danica,
Carina and I received when we were very little. I also really liked my dollhouse.

7. Do you have a Nativity scene? Two
in the dining room and one in the living room, plus a small wooden one in the
family room.

8. Hardest person to buy for? Aubrey.
What does a 3-month-old want anyway?!

9. Easiest person to buy for? Bronwyn.
She gets excited about new socks.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
I remember thinking it was weird when my grandparents gave me underwear when I was
about 13 or 14.

11. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards?
Mail. This year I was very on the ball and had them ordered so that they
arrived here about a week ago. Unfortunately, my computer stopped working
around the same time and my spreadsheet with all my addresses has been lost—only
temporarily, I hope—so they’re still not in the mail.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? White
Christmas

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
December 26th!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Not that I can think of.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Christmas dinner has almost always been different, it seems. But the apple
custard pie is a constant, so I guess I’ll go with that!

16 Clear lights or colored on the tree?
Clear big bulbs.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Hark!
The Herald Angels Sing

18 Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Home. We decided 2 years ago that Gabriel was getting old enough to start
making consistent memories of waking in his own bed and opening his stocking in
the same place year after year.

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
I think I can, but I’ve never been good at tests, so don’t try me.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
A star. But I’d like an angel if I can find one that’s not cutesie or feminine.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Both! The kids started drawing each other’s names 2 years ago and they give
each other their gifts Christmas Eve. The rest of the presents come the next
day.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of
year?
P&C never having holiday colored sprinkles on their
shelves.

23. Favorite Christmas tradition?
The Candlelight Service on Christmas Eve followed by rum logs, the sibling gift
exchange, and the reading of the Christmas story.

24. Up early or sleeping in? We’re
always up early!

25. Who hands out the gifts? Daniel.

26. Does Santa wrap your gifts?
I haven’t started that yet, but my mom does occasionally have a gift or two
that’s from Santa under her tree for some of the kids!

27. Do you tell the Christmas story?
Yes.

28. Do you leave cookies for Santa?
Daniel never leaves any cookies on the plate.






3 comments:

  1. The cookie response was a crack up.  I loved it!  That was a pretty good questionaire.  I get sick of the "what's your favorite color" ones; who cares??!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up enjoying Stewart's Egg nog and assumed everyone drank it the way we did ... 1/2 milk, 1/2 egg nog ... takes away that thick "syrup" feel.  My husband told me he didn't like egg nog because he once drank an entire quart in one sitting and soon after got very sick!  Now that he's been diluting it, he enjoys it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Holidays ... I must let you in on a secret.  Getting a tree to stand is all about the tree stand.  After 30 years of marriage, this is the first year we took our tree, plunked it in the stand and "VOILA"...it stood there tall and proud.  No magazines, no bricks, no nails in the wall, no nothing!!!  Last year, the day after Christmas, I purchased at Lowe's, for the mere price of $6.50 a new stand.  Regular price about $20.  Worth it even at full price as far as I'm concerned.  It has a huge center for large trunks and lots of water.  It was so easy and enjoyable, I can imagine we'll have live trees for MANY years to come.  Let me know if you get one. 

    ReplyDelete