Thursday, December 20, 2007

Briefly...


I am too tired to write much, but I simply have to share what a tremendous report we received about Aubrey today:

-- She weighs 9lbs13oz, which is still on the low end of normal, but making for a very consistent growth curve. Dr. Byrum was very pleased!

-- Her daily dosage of Digoxin that she's been on since birth will be discontinued as of tomorrow!

-- Dr. Byrum is so impressed with her color, stability, growth, and overall health that he said he doesn't feel he needs to see us again until March!

-- Her excellent condition means the doctors are content to wait before doing things like a heart catheterization or any other more invasive procedures!

-- Talk of surgery has been once again pushed off into "the future." And we are granted more time to pray and watch for a miracle for Aubrey!

Daniel and I are so happy, to say the least. God is faithful.


[Regarding mastitis, I saw my doctor on our way home this evening and confirmed that I definitely have a pretty bad case of it. Unfortunately, because of the amount of cracking I've had due to thrush, it's highly unlikely that it isn't a serious bacterial infection. So now I am confronted with whether or not to take an antibiotic, which will almost inevitably cause a relapse with thrush but is basically necessary at this point. (I have had progressively worse chills, fever, flu-like symptoms, inflammation, etc. since last night.) Talk about being caught between a rock and a hard place... ]


14 comments:

  1. Ugh about the breast issues.  :(
    Get lots of rest!!! (easier said than done when you're a mother of four, huh?) And sounds like you're going to have to take that antibiotic.
    Thinking of you,
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the update. I cannot wait to tell my children who have been praying faithfully for that little baby. They will be so encouraged. Again, thanks for taking the time to update.
    As far as the thrush and mastitis, ugh Brietta. What a killer combination. I can't say that I have been there, but I will pray. I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for God prospering Aubrey's health!  We will definitely keep praying for a miracle!!!And I'm so sorry for the difficulties you are enduring.  Hang in there, I know you know this - but you're really giving Aubrey the very best beginning possible.  I will keep praying for quick relief.  Since you can't eat yogurt are you able to take probiotics?  Hopefully that would keep the thrush from rearing it's ugly head!http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/thrush/preventing-thrush.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful report!! Wow. We serve an awesome God!!
    So sorry about all the other things. Ugh!! I'm praying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the update!  What great news from Aubrey's doctor!  Praise the Lord!Yucky about your mastitis, though.  Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Could you pump while you're taking your antibiotic and discard the milk?  And then as long as you are discarding it, go ahead and take something to prevent thrush. 

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to hear the amazing progress Aubrey is making!  we´ll continue to pray and believe for more miracles in her little life.In the meantime, sorry you´re feeling so badly!  We´ll pray for a prompt recovery as well!  and thanks for your prayers for us as well.We love you guys!
    Keila

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful report!!  So happy to hear the great news!  Hope you're feeling better. 

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy to hear about Aubrey, but so very BUMMED for you. I have been there and totally feel your misery. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is awful!  I have had mastitis--it is soooo terrible!  The aches and pains are beyond miserable.  Thrush, on the other hand, I have not had to deal with.  I hope you can conquer both and soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so, can you have  a) cabbage
                              b) onion
                              c) broccoli???
    the soup-master wants to know....

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such wonderful news!  Hurrah!  I just found out today that Glory will have to have more intense screenings (similar to the heel prick thing they do at birth) for all sorts of rare problems as well as an MRI and see a pediatric neurologist in the near future.  I've had mastitis before.  Horrible stuff.  On the other hand, it responds quickly to antibiotics and clears up fast!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that is great news about Aubrey!! How exciting. On the other hand, not so fun and exciting for you it sounds. You're a strong girl and from the sounds of it can pull thru just about anything and come out the other end that much more experienced and strong.Yes, and we young girls and moms will all be writing to you for advice and wisdom when we have any sort of hurdle to go thru! Stay with the race and know that so many are praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We're sooo excited about Aubrey's progress.  Praise the Lord!  Amen!  What a wonderful early Christmas present.  We pray you will be feeling better soon.  We love you and your family like crazy and wish you the merriest Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete