Monday, December 24, 2007

It's Almost Christmas!


The pecan pies (my meager contribution to Christmas dinner) are cooling.

I made a double batch of peanut butter blossoms the other night, along with a triple batch of rum logs that are waiting to be decorated. I'm halfway through making a triple batch of pecan tassies.

The last ribbon was tied on a gift a few minutes ago. I enjoy wrapping gifts, but this year it's been more of a chore than usual because I've had such a hard time finding time to do the job.

I still need to get all the clothes ironed and ready for tonight's Candlelight Service, but since I caught up on all the laundry this morning, I shouldn't be frantically washing that pair of little girl's tights at the last minute.   The blueberry buckle for tomorrow morning's breakfast will get put together this afternoon, I hope. I always try to set our Christmas morning breakfast table the day before, though I'm usually doing it after I stuff the stockings post-bedtime because I habitually run out of time earlier.

The kids keep looking at the presents under the tree and have most of their gifts memorized. They are so excited and it makes me even more excited.

In addition to all the normal joy of this day each year, I am feeling blessed on behalf of some good friends who received very encouraging news today. The Lord hears our prayers and answers them. What a tremendously loving God we serve.

One Baby, born in a manger, changing lives and bringing hope day after day. His presence, then and now and yet to come, is worth celebrating!


3 comments:

  1. It was fun to share that exciement during today's phone vist.  I could hear it in the children's voices.  I'm glad we will be there to share Christmas with you in just a few days.  Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome.  It took me a long time to learn that "clean enough" was just fine, especially when there were much more important ways for me to spend time and energy.  You are a fast learner!

    ReplyDelete