Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Just Two?


Gabriel and Bronwyn are at a sleepover-- at Nana's house. Dinner, a movie, and sleeping by the Christmas tree were the plans for the evening.

Daniel and I aren't sure what to do with ourselves.

Mealtime was so simple. I held a fist-waving baby in my lap. Jackson happily ate his chicken curry on millet (have I ever mentioned how much I appreciate what good eaters my kids are?) while Daniel and I talked. It was a much quieter and quicker meal than we are now accustomed to.

Getting the kids ready for bed took less than half the time it takes when all four are home. I know we're technically missing the more independent ones, but we're also missing the distractions they provide for one another and for Jackson. And with one parent able to focus completely on one child, the job was done almost as soon as we began.

The house is silent and it's only 7:33pm.

And I miss them like crazy!


4 comments:

  1. RYC- I know. I threw everyone off with the whole 3 year span. Sometimes I can't believe it either! I'm very excited! Wish I was feeling better. Eric and I were talking last night about how I need to make sure the sickness doesn't rob my joy. I know that reality in my head, but sometimes I do struggle getting past the physical. I disappoint myself pretty much daily in this area.
    On a different note, have a great party! I had a dream that I crashed it and started teaching advanced swing lessons. Your brother (who was actually your father) started busting a serious move and your parents (who actually were your parents) were like, "Honey, where did you ever learn to swing like that?" WEIRD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I would be so busy enjoying the peace and quiet that I wouldn't miss them till the morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must have been a nice break, though I'm sure I would miss my kids, too, if they spent the night somewhere....I miss them even if I go shopping by myself for an hour or two (which is not very often).  As far as our Christmas picture, we do have a program to edit photos, but I don't have a clue what it is, since Tim does all that stuff.  Honestly, I don't even know how to transfer pictures to the computer from the camera...it's pretty bad.  But, I can ask him and let you know...it was nice to be able to cover over some of the clutter in the background and get a frosty effect at the same time.

    ReplyDelete