Tuesday, May 29, 2007

My Boy

Last night, we were driving home from a very fun and enjoyable Memorial Day BBQ with family and friends. My little melancholy child was quietly observing the surrounding fields, barns, trees, and homes from the very back of the van when he called up to us, "Everything is bigger than me."

Daniel looked at me quizzically and then tried to understand what Gabriel was trying to communicate. "What, Buddy?"

"Everything is bigger than me. Except for, like, the fire hydrants."

6 comments:

  1. Makes me think of the Little Golden Book about the Too Small Puppy. I will have to dig it out and send it your way for the Too Small Boy to read and enjoy. He is such a thinker...
    Missed not seeing everyone today. We figured that yesterday covered family dinner for tonight. We worked outdoors until close to 7:00. Made great progress in the gardens. I am highly encouraged that I may reclaim them yet.
    Give hugs all around for me! Or send them my way and I can do it myself! Or I will drop by when out and about soon! Fun to be so close to all of you precious people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is SOOOO cute!

    what goes on in that little head of his?

    can I just say that he probably shouldn't stand right next to a fire hydrant because I am not convinced that they are smaller than him.

    --aunt beans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't their little ideas so fun(ny) sometimes... Joel told me that he "literally" had to do something 3 times before it worked. (How do they pick up these words/ideas so quickly?)

    Don't feel bad about the pictures! Joel was only drawing Dan Frontier, Davy Crockett and Indians apparently... no interest whatsoever in drawing any of us boring family members.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the previous comment was from Nancy....

    ReplyDelete