Tuesday, May 15, 2007

:: I wish I could send each of you the message from Sunday morning. Usually, I think it would be nice if sermons were available on the CFC website; the past few days, I am feeling it is a must. I have honestly never heard anything more inspiring to me as a woman and a mom as that sermon. (I really don't think the tears springing to my eyes were all because I'm pregnant and hormonal!) God's plan is an amazing and liberating one-- and if we will turn away from the prevailing humanistic teachings and our faulty human reasoning, we will reap the tremendous benefits of living as His creation.

:: This afternoon I go in for a routine prenatal appointment. I haven't actually been to my doctor's office in 5.5 weeks, but I've been to the emergency room twice and had three ultrasounds (one in Burlington) since then. Without going into too much graphic detail, I will say that I am increasingly hopeful that the hemorrhage is getting smaller. In a couple weeks I will probably have another ultrasound done in order to check on the baby's growth. By that time, we will be crossing over into the "viable" stage. A combination of baby's viability and hopefully a smaller hemorrhage may mean an end to the modified bedrest!

:: I really and truly thought that finding out that we are having a girl would inspire me to read the baby name book. It hasn't. I keep thinking, What if the ultrasounds were wrong and we have to find a boy name anyway? Daniel laughs at my skepticism because we've now had two different technicians and a radiologist declare the baby to be a girl. When I talked with my doctor last week, I told her that we were told the baby is probably a girl. Probably?! she said with a laugh. I saw those pictures, and you're having a girl!

Right now, without having looked at the baby name book or really searched for a name, the front runners are Aubrey and Honora. The latter is a family name; we would most likely call her Nora. My biggest problem with Aubrey is that, though I first heard it as a girl's name, I now know it was originally a male name and I don't like when boy names become girl names.

:: We had a wonderful weekend with Daniel's parents and youngest sister visiting. Our refrigerator and freezer are now bulging with food and meals. The kids played with Grandma almost to their hearts' content. I write "almost" because they were still very sad to see their grandparents leave and declared that they ought to stay many more days. In fact, Gabriel told us all that when people come to our house they should never be allowed to leave. I'm not sure about that sort of hospitality-- I don't think it's Biblical!

:: Daniel purchased everything necessary for a gutter to protect my tulips and future perennials yesterday, and he also returned home with 2 green plastic adirondack chairs. The chairs we've previously owned are functional but were rather unstable on our sloped lawn. My new chairs are now in the yard facing the golf course (which is a wonderful view, I might add) and are very, very comfortable. I much prefer not having the sensation of possibly tipping over at any given moment.

:: Since I mentioned perennials, I have to add that my front runners (as of yesterday afternoon) for flowers to plant along the front of our house are astilbe and/or dianthus. Daniel is voting for hostas, but I must confess to never having been particularly fond of them. Still, they are very hardy and their foliage is very attractive, so I'm not ruling them out entirely. Any input, suggestions, or criticisms on my current choices are welcome. I really want my gardens to succeed!

:: Before my prenatal appointment, I will be heading to my sister's salon for a trim and color. It's been over 2 months, which should be listed as a crime when pregnant, since my hair is growing by leaps and bounds these days. I've got the shaggy look going on, quite unintentionally! Fortunately, the last time Carina colored my hair I had her keep the highlights very similar to my natural shades, so my roots aren't horribly obvious.

:: None of my children have mild personalities or lack in opinions and ideas, which is sometimes tiring and draining. But they sure are cute and they sure do say some of the funniest, most original things. Bronwyn, in particular, cracks us up all the time. She can beat up her brothers whenever she might choose to do so and then turns around just as quickly to announce that when she gets earrings she wants them to be pink. What a girl!

5 comments:

  1. I sent you an e-mail with my thoughts re: plants. I didn't want to hijack your comment section.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally get to see Dr M on Monday June 4th -cant wait!  She is awesome  
    Dale was looking at our name book last night (we really need to get a new one -do you like yours??) and was reading off names to me (all boys!) but I just cant get into it either.  Then again, picking out names is not may favorite thing for some reason!!  Maybe if we had a better book?
    My vote for flowers is the dianthus.  They are very hardy and flower most of the summer.  Their flowers are small but very pretty.  They also tolerate the salt from the winter roads well and are very low maintenance.  They also dont spread but do get larger. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love, love the name Honora.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honora - very nice choice! And I love the name Nora, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Astilbe -- one of my favorites. And an all-astilbe bouquet, in different shades of pink, is one of my favorite arrangements.

    ReplyDelete