Sunday, July 29, 2007

Morning Meditation

Psalm 32.1
How blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven,
Whose sin is covered!
How blessed is the man to whom the Lord does not impute iniquity;
And in whose spirit there is no deceit!

1 John 1.8-9
If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves,
and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous
to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Romans 6.17-18
But thanks be to God that though you were slaves of sin,
you became obedient from the heart to that form of teaching to which
you were committed, and having been freed from sin, you became
slaves of righteousness.


2 comments:

  1. Along those lines...
    Eric and I were just talking yesterday about these powerful words~
    "When Jesus saw Nathanael approaching, He said of him, "Here is a true Israelite, in whom there is nothing false."
    Can you even imagine?
    May you and I be slaves of righteousness today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are good verses...I always have a hard time finding the balance between seeing my sin for what it is and still being able to accept and walk in the forgiveness God offers. It seems, to my "logic", like such an impossible thing. Thankfully, it is possible in Christ.
    As for the impending arrival of this baby, I am really torn as to whether I want to go early or late. Since my doctor (the only one I found willing to do the VBAC) is out of town until Aug 4, and since I am not certain if the baby is head-down yet, I know I should be hoping that labor holds off for at least a week, but I am physically very ready to not be pregnant any more. Plus, my doctor will probably only give me until 41 weeks to go into labor on my own, so that leaves me with a window of about a week and a half. I suppose sometime in there would be ideal, but I am trying to be prepared for any of the other scenarios, too.

    ReplyDelete