Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Delayed Again

Daniel and the team in Spain has been delayed again. As of now, their return is rather indefinite, though there is hope of seats being available on a flight returning home tomorrow afternoon.

They are tired and ready to come home. I am homesick for Daniel and ready for him to be here.

Yet I trust that God-- the God who plans our days and has purpose and destiny for each moment of our lives-- has something in mind that we may not perceive. And I haven't a doubt that His grace is enough to cause a group of six weary travelers to prosper exactly where they are.

Gabriel asked me this morning if we were going to eat here at Nana's again one more time before going home. I had to smile. "Yes, we'll definitely be eating here one more time."


4 comments:

  1. How frustrating!  Are they still in London at Heathrow?  I woke up this morning with Daniel and the team on my mind and began praying.  I expected to read that they had landed safely in the US and would be arriving in Madrid today.  I will keep praying.  I know this isn't how you expected to celebrate Independence Day.  I pray that it will still be an enjoyable day for you and the children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry that he isnt back yet...I will pray for their quick return.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so precious about Gabriel. I think of all the stories i've read about him-star wars, etc... prob the fire hydrant one is one of my faves. You have terrific children.

    ReplyDelete