Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Belly vs. Me

I don't say this to complain-- because it really doesn't bother me-- but I must admit that I am beginning to feel I'm in a war: my belly vs. me... and I think my belly is winning! Earlier today I was sitting in a rather low, deep chair when I tried to bend over to get something for Jackson. Oh yeah, the belly's definitely winning!

And then it dawned on me that I will probably look pretty big to my husband when he sees me, as he's missed a major growth spurt in the last 3 weeks. Hopefully his first glance won't be at my stomach!


In the last 3.5 weeks we've gone from this:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
(24 weeks)


to this:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
(27w4d and very blurry-- my apologies)


P.S. The Spain team is currently booked on a flight to return late-morning July 5th at JFK. Assuming all goes according to plan, they should be home tomorrow night. We're hoping they actually get on this plane!

13 comments:

  1. i had a dream that when i got home the whole family was at the airport and i got to see you and your darling belly.  and then i realized how odd i was for wanting to see a belly so much.  i know, weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, yeah that's quite a belly! i'm sure daniel will be thrilled to see it (and you!) though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. um.
    That's Nancy talking....

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1We are excited for them to be home, too
    Bill will leap out of bed and head out the door as soon as he gets the call
    that they are boarding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news about the plans for Daniel and the team coming home.  We will continue to pray.  It looks like your little girl is growing.  God is good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're almost into your 3rd trimester and you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great!

    From here it seems it was just a few days ago that you blogged about Daniel's departure, but now that Joe has been gone from me for a mere 4 days, I can appreciate how long 3 weeks really is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Your belly might be winning, but you're still looking great for having grown that little lady for 28 wks. already!!! Hoping you see your sweetheart very soon.....M

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look great! how cute! i love her already!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been out of the loop...how are you? Is Daniel home yet? When is your next sonogram? Now that my email is up and running (atleast for now) I'll try and email you soon. Hope all is well. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, I agree with everything that Stacie wrote!  And for it to be delayed even a few more days...I feel your pain.  Praying they are on a plane right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brietta, you're doing so well.  Just, overall I mean.  I love reading your blog entries.  And--- I don't know.. but I'm just sitting here thinking everything is just going to be fine.  Just fine. 
    If it makes you feel any better, I look like your 24wks picture 24-7, even when not pregnant.  And I look like your 27wk picture by 12wks.  LOL!

    ReplyDelete