Saturday, July 21, 2007

And Counting...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I guess my faith is small, because there were many days and nights when I truly thought I wouldn't be writing this entry or taking the above picture. During times of bleeding and cramping and fears and doubts, I was more sure that this baby (who is currently pounding on what I'm guessing is my kidney) wouldn't be with us today than that she would be. It's easy to forget that now and think only of the heartburn and the achy bones, and to laugh at the rolling stomach and baby punches.

This week, a couple ladies I have gotten to know through an online group of women who have subchorionic hematomas lost their baby boys, one at 21 weeks and one at 17 weeks. These stories aren't the majority, by any means, but they are serving as a timely reminder to me of how real the concerns were-- and of how prevailing God has been. Our enemy is real and his agenda is to kill, steal, and destroy, but Jesus came that we might have life. His victory is amazing and sure, and it is so miraculous that we get to partake in it!

Wonderful Savior
My heart belongs to Thee
I will remember always the blood You shed for me.

Wonderful Savior
My heart will know Your worth
So let me embrace You always as I walk this Earth.

Be blessed, be loved, be lifted high
Be treasured here, be glorified.
I owe my life to You my Lord
Here I am.

13 comments:

  1. I'm gushing with love for that little girl. And I confess that I, too, was scared and my prayers a bit desperate. But He answers even those cries.

    I love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30 weeks is a huge milestone! You'll definitely have an amazing story to tell this little one, year after year! God is so good and ever faithful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praising God with and for you.  Truly a blessing that I cant wait to meet one day (about 10 weeks from now!). 
    Have you picked out a name yet? 

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute! i am also curious about the name...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you know that I still can't think of that middle name?
    VERY frustrating since I KNOW that you would use it, for sure!!!
    I begged Eric to try and think back. I said, "I know, I know- it was 2 months ago." He laughed. "Honestly, it could have been years ago. It's just that, well, I really never listen to you!"
    Isn't that heart-warming? :~)
    P.S. The kidney part was very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look wonderful! so glad baby girl is doing well. those are some funny stories about the kicking :) 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praising God for your little daughters health!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. God is so good, Praise the Lord that he answered our prayers again about saving a little girls life....

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, God gives such good gifts. even when we're afraid to ask for them, he still gives good gifts. he still is in the business of giving life and offering grace for every situation.

    it's so so good to hear little girlie #4 is doing just fine!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our God is faithful!  I am looking forward to seeing that beautiful pregnant tummy, and the rest of you,  in person.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 30 weeks---so-o-o wonderful, keeping you and your precious little baby in my daily prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look great!  Congratulations on the 30 week mark--10 more to go!

    ReplyDelete