Monday, July 16, 2007

A Good Day

It's been a practically perfect day, and not just because it's a balmy 76* with almost entirely clear blue skies, though I've certainly appreciated the weather!

Some of the many things that have made it wonderful:

1. We began another week with waking early and eating breakfast as a family, followed by devotions together.
2. The bathroom finally got thoroughly cleaned and the shower curtain is drying in the outdoors.
3. Gabriel, Bronwyn, Jackson, and I shared a wonderful mid-morning walk.
4. I did laundry before the basket became a mountain.
4. Daniel abandoned work in his office to join the children and I for 30 minutes on a blanket in our yard for a picnic lunch.
5. I've known what I'll make for dinner since last week. (I love when I actually take time to plan a weekly menu!)
6. My kitchen floor is spotless-- for the moment, anyway.
7. I've spent lots of time thinking about the 2-day get-away Daniel told me he's taking me on next week. It's been almost 5 years since we last got away, so to say I'm looking forward to it is an understatement.
8. Bronwyn has actually prompted herself almost every time she's used her potty today.
9. I walked right by the desperately-in-need-of-weeding flower bed, the finger-smudged window, the cluttered bedroom, and the unfolded laundry without feeling overwhelmed by these undone tasks.
10. I am feeling much safety in knowing that the Lord does not hide wisdom and instruction from His children; we only have to ask.


6 comments:

  1. a get-away! With your husband!
    how nice. you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome day! Happy to hear you're having a getaway! Noah & I are sneaking off to the Adirondacks this weekend with some friends:) It will be so nice to get away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are getting away. good for you! and great for Daniel for planning it! has he told you details or is it a surprise?

    ReplyDelete
  4. do you know where you're going? how much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Regarding #10- I agree.
    Eric alway says that God isn't a trickster. He didn't leave clues to keep us guessing and searching. Although sometimes when my children do that whole "I can hear you calling me to come but I'm going to act like I didn't hear you at all"- I really think we big people sometimes do that to God. He knows we hear Him. He knows.
    But more in line with what you wrote...that wisdom and instruction is such a powerful tool. We have to constantly seek after it- it's the only way.
    Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. God is in His Heaven All is Right with the Your World!
    Love You All

    ReplyDelete