Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Tonight, four people came into our home for a brief 15 minutes. In that 15 minutes, they removed a source of joy from next to my bed and hung it in my kitchen.

I am in awe of how beautiful my new shelf makes the entire room. The whole kitchen suddenly looks more loved... and just... well... plain old prettier! My husband is in awe of how quickly they hung such a heavy shelving unit--and hung it well. (Bill was doing pull-ups on it, to give you an indication of how secure this thing is!)

Here it is:
(The shelf's not crooked, my picture-taking is.)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

As it looks from the doorway between the kitchen and dining room:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And one of the great benefits of having it:
(Now I can move some of those glasses that are making the entire top cabinet shelf bow!)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I am so blessed! What great and wonderful friends!

9 comments:

  1. looks fantastic! And I love your dishes, they definitely 'fit' the shelf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phooey- I can't remember the story. I came back here this morning to re-read the one I typed to you before -maybe it would help me remember. Couldn't find it. So- when my brain re-connects I'll call! I also have an update on my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!  I love it!  Cute dishes too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks lovely! Though I already thought it looked lovely when I visited in May! Enjoy your new shelf and the blessing of your wonderful friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That turned out really nice.  And think, you wouldn't have it if you had sufficient shelf space!  It seems nicer this way to me, and easy to set the table, it's all right there!  My cabinet that my silverware is in is shot...I tried to fix it and it worked for a while, but now I'm on the lookout for something new, and throw this one out!  It's cool this was custom made for you.  BTW, doesn't tupperware belong on the floor? (giving away my disorder...in fact I plan on giving it away this year and getting organized, spirit and physically!) 
        

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's beautiful, Bri! so are your dishes and they work well displayed on that shelf. so glad it worked out for you. more cabinet space is always a welcome thing. :P)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a husband... I am making note of this whole situation.
    Note to self:  Wives like more cupboard space.  Nice plate rail good gift idea.

    You da man, DP! :)

    ReplyDelete