Thursday, January 25, 2007

The past three days I have looked awful.

Really.

No make-up. Jeans that I don't care about getting stained. A men's size medium sweatshirt bought for camping at Cook Forest when 7 months pregnant with Bronwyn. And did I mention that I've worn the same clothes three days in a row now? (I think this might be a first in my life.)

The first day, I dressed and left my bedroom. I didn't see a reflection of myself until some hours later. Boy, I thought, I look baaaadd. But I quickly forgot.

By today, I can't forget. The image of dark circles under my eyes, unmasked as they usually are by concealer, won't leave even once I've walked away from the mirror. I am very aware of the absolute huge-ness of my sweatshirt. I wonder if I've ever seen a pair of jeans that need to be washed so that they fit again more than these that I'm wearing need washing. A couple glances at my reflection over the course of a couple days are enough to leave a lasting impression.

Now that I'm so aware, I find it strange that at first I could forget.

But, then again, I forget all the time.

James 1:23-25  For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks at his natural face in a mirror; for once he has looked at himself and gone away, he has immediately forgotten what kind of person he was. But one who looks intently at the perfect law, the law of liberty, and abides by it, not having become a forgetful hearer but an effectual doer, this man shall be blessed in what he does.

(Oh, and in case you were wondering, the Gentian Violet doesn't seem to be helping. Three days like this and it's still.not.working...
...Coconut Oil, here we come!)

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like a loooooong week.  I hope it gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain, dear. At least you don't have crazy people like me showing up out of the blue. :)
    You should check my blog and you'll be happy to know that September 6th is the expectant date!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey - three days in the same clothes? haven't showered in at least three days or maybe a week? dirty in all standards compared to that of sinclairs? welcome to being me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm mailing you some tomorrow, I don't know if you got my email or not...
    Would it be the PO Box? I can send it priority mail.-------Greta my email is gjwdlw@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have to put xanga@xanga.com in your address book so the spam filter doesn't get it if you want to receive email from your blog, where it says "email it". Or you could just email me your real email address....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feeling and praying for you!! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so sorry about the stuff not working. i know what it's like to be in the same clothes for three days and tired too. however, i never wear makeup so that wouldn't be different for me. gotta love our husbands for loving us the way we are anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know how you feel.  Today I was absolutely disgusted with my hair.  It's at a very akward stage right now and I just haven't felt like spending the money to have it fixed.  Since I haven't gone anywhere in quite a few days I haven't even put any kind of makeup on and have been in sweats mostly.  You're not alone!! 

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry you aren't feeling well. What in tarnation is wrong? (Sorry- I'm so slow). Praying for you for sure. What can I do? I feel so terrible that we're all at the top of our game right now and I'm dancing around the house (make-up and all) just enjoying my kids. Then I get on and read about you, to top it off your mom not being in town! UGH. I'm so bringing you a meal tomorrow. I'll be taking the kids to Upward at 10:15 am for practice so I'll drop it off then. If you want I can just leave it on the porch. Do you and Daniel like Chicken Corn Chowder? I'm making it tonight so unless I hear back from you that you both detest corn, that's what I'll do. Praying is the biggie, so I'm on that one... 

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK nevermind. Just looked it up. Been there, done that. I will pray!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh, I wish I was around to DO something.  You will be able to write a book about what works and what doesn't when you are through with this!
    We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete