Tuesday, January 16, 2007

In an hour we'll begin our official celebration of Jackson's birthday. Even though he's actually been a year old for 29 hours, I've been stubbornly clinging to the idea that he is still "jus' a baby," as Bronwyn says, until after the party. I'm just not quite ready to relinquish him to toddler-hood...

I'm a bit melancholy about missing some special friends who have shared the previous 1-year-old birthdays in our family. It's also sad to not have our Pittsburgh family around for tonight. But I am very glad that my sisters (and sisters...) and brother(s) finally get to join in a 1-year-old party, and she'll get to be here, too; and who knows?--my mom and dad might make it back in time from the marriage retreat they were sharing at, in addition!

Tomorrow I'll change that ticker up there. Just give me until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. I miss not celebrating with you too! Looks like Jack had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Brietta,  I can't tell you how very much I enjoyed Jack's pictures.  I called Grandpa over to see them.  We laughed at the way he attacked that cake.  It was just wonderful.  See I told you I am blessed with the internet and xanga in particular!  Thanks for sharing the birthday with us.  I don't think cash impressed him very much but someday???   Love and miss you all!!!

    ReplyDelete