Friday, October 13, 2006

Very good sugar cookies:

Cream together: 1c butter, 2/3c sugar
Beat in: 1 egg
Add: 1tsp vanilla, 2 and 1/2c sifted flour

Mix dough until ingredients are well blended. Chill dough, covered, 2-3 hours. Roll and cut out in desired shapes. Bake 8 minutes at 350* on an ungreased cookie sheet.

For frosting, combine and blend:
2c powdered sugar
2T melted butter
2T milk
1tsp vanilla
(Add more sugar or milk to reach desired consistency.)


Ask: Do I like sugar cookies?
Answer: Yum!
(Uhh... Sinclair joke, maybe???)

7 comments:

  1. Your right about One night with the King never making it to the north country!!! Is there another theater besides the OLD one in Potsdam? I can't remember if there is one in Massena or not.

    The sugar cookies sound great! How many points? :)

    I'm looking for a low-fat pumpkin muffin recipe. I haven't made anything with pumpkin in it yet this fall. Tragic.

    Have a great restful weekend! Anything special planned?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I may make them, they do sound easy and nice, THANKS!

    AnDi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those were the ones at Danica's shower right?  They were delicious!!!  :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea!  Thanks for posting this.  Now, I need to find some fun Christmas cookie cutters for the holidays.  All I have is one lone snowman cookie cutter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a recipe with sour cream that makes wonderful, moist sugar cookies. These sound more like the traditional cut-outs, which I prefer, so let me steal this one from you. I love tried and true!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your recipe reminded me about the small, fall cookie cutters (Wilton) I bought a few weeks ago at Walmart...now I'll just use your recipe!

    ReplyDelete