Saturday, October 7, 2006

Me.

I get flustered by last-minute planning. I would rather be given a couple hours in an afternoon to take a long nap than be given the fanciest of anniversary gifts. I drink hot chocolate when I miss lunch and am hungry but too lazy to make a meal for myself. I don't get many chances to use the bathroom because I've usually a babe in arms. I hate talking on the telephone but love it when a friend calls. I'm not the sanguine in any crowd yet I might talk your ear off if given the chance. I get overly excited at the prospect of going to someone's house. I have a bizarre phobia of wearing "loud" clothing. I never can have too many bookshelves; bookshelves are my organizational solution for everything. I can always find a million reasons why "they" need your time and attention more than I, but that doesn't change that I need you. I love buying produce and pasta. I watch football with my husband and actually enjoy it. I anticipate the future and dread change, all at the same time.

I.

You?

3 comments:

  1. Amen, amen, amen. I feel refreshingly validated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you were describing ME for a moment! :) It is always fun to hear snipets about people that wouldn't come up in normal conversation.
    Hope you're all doing well and you're feeling better... and although I'm late....
    Happy Anniversary! (has it really been five years since I played chaperone in Pittsburgh?!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am much the same way...although "loud" clothes do occasionally find their way into my wardrobe, and I have to be in the right mood to enjoy football.

    ReplyDelete