Friday, October 6, 2006

So five years.

Kind of hard to believe, especially since there have been several moments of late that seem to transport me back in time several years--like walking along North Street yesterday and cresting the "hill" to see a field arrayed in all the glory of autumn. (This is the most beautiful week of the year around here, in my humble opinion.)

I suppose this means I won't be able to excuse myself with claims of being newly married--unless I'm talking with someone who's been married for 50 years, of course. (It's all relative!)

At any rate, most of you already know this, but I'll say it again: the Lord really did bless me with a good guy. I mean, a really good guy. Maybe the best guy.

Definitely, without a doubt, for sure, the best guy for me.

I'm so grateful for these past five years.

(Five years???)

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your fifth anniversary!! I'm sure you will have many more wonderful years to come. Thanks for your encouragement. I know you're right, but I sometimes forget (more often than I should). I'm so glad God is patient with me, particularly in this area. Your comment did a good job reminding me of this and convicting me of my bad attitude...thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy anniversary! Isn't amazing how time flies? Can you imagine what it will be like in 20 years? I wonder if it will still feel like only a moment has passed rather than years.

    how was your first day helping out at Friday School?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! If you want me to - I can come back from the youth rally ASAP and babysit if you and Daniel want to go out - but maybe Renee is already babysitting????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! I can't believe it's been 5 years either! If you're as excited (and at the same time a little sad about how fast time passes) as I am, then I'm sure you're enjoying this day. In my opinion, it's definitely worth some celebrating. I hope you and Daniel will do something fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary to both of you! Um, I guess I can say from experience that anniversary #20 is just as much a surprise as #5. Time truly does fly, and everything changes, but on the other hand, the solid and true doesn't change.

    It is strange suddenly finding my children coming and going more like guests. You will find, though, that your excitement for them to pursue their gifts and callings will overshadow your sadness at their travels which take them away from home. Well, most of the time, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!  May the years to come be even better!

    ReplyDelete
  7.          Happy Anniversary, Brietta and Daniel. 
    Congratulations on 5 wonderful years.  It is fun to watch you, as a family, grow and mature.  And a little insight from an older one.  I'm still a newlywed and we will be celebrating #36 in a few days.  As much as you love each other on your wedding day, and 1 year later and 5 years later then 20 years later, your love just grows deeper with each passing year.  It's a new love, a different love, a deeper love (and appreciation)for each other as the time goes by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary!  I think every year just seem to get better.
    How did Friday School go?

    ReplyDelete