Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The following are some excerpts from my journals (real) from this day in years past. I found it interesting to look back.

1998: ...I want to minister good to those around me. I want to live my life constantly wondering how I can bring His love to others. It's the whole idea of my life for them. I want it to be true in me... May I be faithful to sow seed; to remain steadfast in the task He's calling me to.

1999: Ryan, Kevin and I leave for Pittsburgh this Friday... I know how easily matters of the heart can bring destruction when there is a lack of caution...

2000: Mom and Dad "descended" on me, closing us all three in the front room. They began by reassuring me that I wasn't in trouble; that they had something to talk about. Dad told me he had received a phone call earlier that week from Daniel Paladin... He had called about me.

[2001 doesn't have a journal entry from the 25th.)

2002: These have been priceless days. Days of sitting in Mom's kitchen, coming downstairs in the morning to Merrick's greeting of, "Hi, B'etta..." I know returning home will be wonderful (I miss Daniel), but the following days will be difficult as I return to the quiet and solitude I am still trying to grow accustomed to.

[2003 doesn't have one either.]

2004: Good works can't grant me salvation, but salvation produces good works--if I am walking in the Spirit. So the question I ask myself today is, "What are the works in my life: good or evil?"

2005: Lots continues to take place, but no closing on our house. I am trying to focus on the blessings of this season... Still, I grow increasingly anxious... Baby #3 is almost 29 weeks in the making--just about 6.5 months exactly...

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing to look back at old journals? I recently found one from my college days and spent an hour sitting in the cold garage reading it.

    Roasting a chicken has become a bi-weekly (if not weekly) part of our menu. I can usually find them on sale so that I get a whole chicken for less than $6. Right now they are on sale at Price Chopper for $.69 a pound for Perdue oven stuffers, so I got huge chickens for around $4. We eat around half the meat on a bigger chicken for the initial dinner. The extra meat is easily used in a million recipes - soups, stews, casseroles, salads, pasta dishes, etc. Then boiling down the carcass leaves me with homemade, delicious broth to freeze and use in everything else! So for around $6 I can usually get three meals. Its too good a deal to pass up for me!

    ReplyDelete