Wednesday, October 11, 2006

So it's 2:30pm and I just now showered and dressed for the day. Instead of my personal preparation being the big goal to squeeze around baths, meals, cleaning, etc. like it is most days, I decided getting a few minutes in the Word would be my "before nap" objective. Guess I just hadn't anticipated the kids really taking me up on my declaration that it didn't matter how many times I got interrupted, I would finish my goal!

All three kids are napping at the same time for the first time in a couple weeks. Jackson is out-growing two naps a day, but he struggles to last through the morning to take his nap in the afternoon with Gabriel and Bronwyn instead of over the lunch hour. Some moms intentionally stagger their children's rest. Not me. I like this so much better.

I will mix, roll out, and bake sugar cookies this afternoon; tomorrow they will be frosted light blue for the baby shower tomorrow night in honor of Danica and Jameson. This evening we will all head out to the church's annual Missions Night, which includes dinner--lucky me. I will get to hear stories from all sorts of missions ventures, and I bet I will even get to hear some from my own dear husband's trip that I've not yet heard.

There isn't a whole lot that would seem too exciting. The challenges and frustrations remain. My day rolls along ever as it has.

How does He manage to make it all look so different?

3 comments:

  1. haha!  unintended afternoon showers!  You've got to love it.  When I don't take a shower until late in the day, I  always have this fear that someone will come over to visit and find out that I haven't showered yet.  I think "what kind of mom will they think I am!?" Kind of funny considering the kids are the reason that I take late showers anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your life sounds so nice. Being around your family. Having to make cookies for your sisters new baby. My family never had a shower for Hayla. So I don't think we are getting one since she is over a year old now. Oh well. So sad.

    AnDi

    ReplyDelete
  3. What recipe do you use for sugar cookies, Brietta? :)  You could just post it on my site if you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete