Friday, October 13, 2006

It's been a full week. And not just full in the sense of busy (though I must say that it has been), but full in the sense of rich.

--Monday night was the aforementioned Mother's Meeting. Wonderful.

--Tuesday was Daniel's day off, begun with a dr. visit for Bronwyn-girl (well-care) and grocery shopping, and concluded with our first Family Dinner since Jameson made his entrance. I'm only sad that it was our last meal with Jameson until he and his parents return home from Maine in a couple weeks. Also, I began the day with a great quiet time and ended the day with being in bed by 9:30pm (a record for me, I think!), both of which meant that waking with my teething baby wasn't quite as awful as it sometimes is.

--Wednesday night was our annual Missions Night at church, replete with Sergi's pizza and slideshows. I don't think I was the only person walking away from the evening saying, "Wow! We sent 50 people on short-term missions this year!" And to places as close as NYC and as far as China, nonetheless. (Spain, Turkey, Romania, the D.R., and Haiti were the in-betweens.)

--Thursday morning began at 2am for me. Something I ate the night before most certainly did not agree with me, and I spent the next eight hours suffering from a splitting headache, vomitting, and... well... other things.   Fortunately, the "something" was worked out of my system by 1pm and I was back to feeling healthy and energetic. By that time, unfortunately, I was behind schedule and had a lot more to do than time to do it in. So, before we sat down for a quick dinner, Daniel baked the blueberry pound cake I had promised for the baby shower that night, even though he rarely bakes and was very unsure about how to do everything the recipe instructed. It turned out great.

(Have I ever mentioned that I have the best husband in the world?)

The baby shower for Danica and Jameson was lovely: Carina frosted and decorated a beautiful chocolate cake, made by herself (she's getting rather domestic these days!), several ladies brought yummy food (including homemade salsa from her), lots of wonderful gifts were given, and I got a second evening out in one week, this time with my little girl accompanying. Fun all around.

--This morning we were off by 8:15am for week #2 of Friday Program. I am so glad to be able to help with this. The blessing for me is surely greater than it is for any of the children!

Upon arriving home at 11:30am, I fed the baby and put him down for a nap, tucked Gabriel and Bronwyn on the futon watching a movie and eating some food, and helped Daniel sort through BASIC pre-registration forms that we have collected from about 30 students in the last several days. I hadn't been sure I would go this fall since Jackson is getting to a more difficult tag-along age, making the $$ the conference costs hardly seem worth it, but since Daniel is a workshop speaker, we get a room for free! I am so glad to get the chance to join with the students again for this weekend.

Jackson is now up and I am nursing him (thus the 'blogging; they go hand-in-hand, you know); the other kids are still sleeping. It is quiet, and I am overwhelmed with gratitude for the excitement that has been welling up inside my heart these last few days.

Thank You, Jesus, for a full week.

2 comments:

  1. So are you helping out with the younger kids or older at CFA? Not that I would want you to spy on mine or anything...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful week! Glad to here that you've had some time of refreshing.

    ReplyDelete