Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Our newly adopted "measuring stick" for obedience:
(taken from Shepherding A Child's Heart)

The children must respond to commands...

...without challenge.
...without excuse.
...without delay.

This is a tough measuring stick, particularly for me since it requires my immediate and undivided attention many times throughout the day. (Not that my kids ever say, "No;" or whine; or act as though they never heard me in the first place!) I am glad for a good way to judge Gabriel's and Bronwyn's responses to me, though. And I do feel that we will reap a good harvest; in fact, I am already beginning to taste it!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds pretty "instant and cheerful and thorough" to me! That's always a good way to obey! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say.........It sounds like what your mom has taught us moms through the years.......Immediately and cheerfully!! 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading the posts of everyone so far away too...  Hope you're all doing great!!
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reminder. I still need it!  ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least you won't have to worry about giving Jack a hair cut any time soon! 

    ReplyDelete