Monday, March 31, 2008

Aubs, Part II


Aubrey's O2 saturations were 84-85% today! This is about 10% more than last week and only 3-5% less than her normal baseline, so it is reasonable to conclude that as her respiratory infection improves, so does her heart's ability oxygenate her blood. It is a tremendous relief to know that her decline of last week was very much sickness related and not an indication of he heart failing.

God keeps her, that's for sure.

Unfortunately, Aubrey's cough continues to mean that she is still not sleeping great. I feel like I shouldn't complain because at least she's sleeping (unlike last Sunday-Thursday), so all I will do is say that I am energized by Aubrey's improvement and exploring new realms of functioning without sleep.


2 comments:

  1. "I am energized by Aubrey's improvement and exploring new realms of functioning without sleep" - So cute the way you put that!

    You may find some encouragement in this article The Homeschool Housewife Gets Some Sleep - Not! I used to go to church with this dear lady and I remember talking with her shortly after she had baby #8 and she said she hadn't slept through the night in 18 years! With only 2 little ones at that time, I didn't find her comments very encouraging. But in a way it has been, because in my 7+ yrs of mothering I know my track record for unbroken sleep is better than that - and that encourages me during those stages where my babies are waking more than I would like.

    Blessings,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear how well Aubrey is doing now! Are you feeling any better despite lack of sleep?

    ReplyDelete