Monday, March 17, 2008

He's Off


Daniel's away for a handful of days. Considering the fact that since mid-February, he's been gone 75% of the evenings, his being in Boston until Thursday night won't be too much of a change. Except that for whatever reason, I much prefer falling asleep knowing that at some point in the next few hours, he'll come home and be with us.

I used to plan special projects when Daniel would go out of town. This time my special project is maintaining sanity. What can I say? Having more kids means less projects and more maintenance. The only thing I'm really hoping to do outside of dressing and feeding the kids and keeping the house clean is making a trip to check out the new W@l-M@rt. Exciting, huh?

First things first, though: my kids want breakfast. (This is the sort of maintenance I speak of.) Cheerios and bananas, here we come!



7 comments:

  1. That seems to be my only "special project" these days, too...and I only have three little ones.  Enjoy your trip to W@l-M@rt...do you take the kids with you?  I have only gone a handful of places by myself with all three because I just can't seem to figure out how to keep them all corralled while I am trying to get shopping done.  I suppose I will have to figure it out someday, but until then, I am glad Tim is willing to accompany me on most of my errands.  I wish you all the best while Daniel is away...and I hope your special project is a great success :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was thinking about how daniel is gonna be gone for the next few days.i was thinking about how my schedule is very, very empty right now for the next few days.so i was thinking that i'll come visit you one evening.  and i can tell you all about california.yeah, that'll be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jake is away too... must be the time for trips

    ReplyDelete
  4. @louissa - Yes, yes!   Any night.  I'll be here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Sanity" projects are always the best!  Have fun at the new Walmart!  I'll pray your week goes well without Daniel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know exactly what you mean about preferring to fall asleep knowing that they will arrive home during the night.  There is something comforting about it.  I have appreciated being here at Mom and Dad's to sleep because it doesn't feel so much like Ryan should be here as it does at home. 
    Enjoy the next few days.  be sure to pause every once in a while to just enjoy the kids! 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mom has encouraged me to do the same...(in response to what A. just wrote)!
    It is easy sometimes to just meet the needs of baths, books, and lunches without stopping to look the little ones in the eyes. They need you to look into their eyes and you need it, too- especially when hubby is gone more than usual.
    Spoken from a reformed "need-meeter". Thankfully, I have come a long way, and my husband doesn't even travel!

    ReplyDelete