Sunday, March 30, 2008

Thankful


:: for bright blue skies. Daniel and I have been talking about how wonderful it is to live in an area that is often sunny and clear... if a tad on the cold side in the winter.

:: for a little girl who wears her high-heeled dress-up shoes more than her slippers and dances around the house singing songs much of the day.

:: for college students getting saved.

:: for a fun package full of sunny yellow and sky blue clothes.

:: for a baby who is smiling a lot again and coughing a lot less.

:: for a husband who is really good at looking around the house and finding things he can do to help keep the ball rolling on the homefront.

:: for an unexpected visitor who dropped in after church just to ask me how I'm doing. Like, really doing. Whenever I'm not tied down with young children quite so much, I hope I remember to do that sort of thing for those who don't get out often.

:: for children who are getting better everyday at playing together.

:: for our routine of a Sunday night movie with popcorn and fruit in the family room. Simple is good.

:: for a God who is bigger than my mistakes, my children's needs, busy schedules, misplaced priorities, forgetfulness, and abandoned resolutions. He loves me.

9 comments:

  1. gratitude is catching.
    I'm taking a few moments to reflect on my blessings,too.I was reading a little fast, and at first I thought you wrote:
    :for a husband who is really good looking....I'm sure you are grateful for that, too!  : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. @thisrequiresthought - Not really good looking, Nance; "really, really, really ridiculously good looking."

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading this post, I'm also being reminded of all my blessings! It definitely is "catchy"! Thanks for the reminder!P.S.- I'm very thankful that we didn't end up going to the hospital the other day. I had a "false labor" at the hospital with Caleb and having another one with #2 would have just been embarrassing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell me about packages of sunny yellow and blue - sounds delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nancy doesn't get the really really ridiculously good looking comment, i'm sure...i'll explain it to her =) btw, i also read that sentence quickly and thought it said the same thing...i wish i had time to stop in and say hi every day, but i'm glad for the sunday's when it actually does happen--usually because you're home with sick kids =). really though. i love seeing you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Brietta :) What a lovely post! The joy you found to share certainly overflowed to me, and I thank you for that today. Love, Q

    ReplyDelete
  7. "for a husband who is really good at looking around the house and
    finding things he can do to help keep the ball rolling on the homefront."Things you'll never see on Danica's weblog!DP's the man.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah.
    Nancy "gets it".she saw the movie.
    she's so very current....

    ReplyDelete
  9. what movie? glad to hear Aubrey is doing better

    ReplyDelete