Monday, April 10, 2006

There has been a repeating thought I've had often throughout the past six months: I can't imagine how it feels to lose a son. Last night, I found new comfort in the fresh realization that God knows. Chris was His son, too.

I hate that nothing can bring him back. But I love that He bears our burdens with us. I'm so glad He's walking with the Moultons, and I'm so in awe of His ability to bring life and light where there has been death and sorrow. Yeah, I don't know how He's gonna do it--but I know He will. He never says one thing and does another.

Jesus loves us. He really, really does.

4 comments:

  1. Amen to that..
    I on the other hand almost lost my son in the womb at 3 and a half months.. I ended up on bed rest for 6months .. At first I freaked out... not knowing why..I said if I loose this baby I do not think I could handle it.. but Praise GOD .. I prayed the word . I felt the divine Power of the Holy Ghost come into my womb when my hub and I were praying.. I felt such a privilage that the lord would visit my unborn and heal the tear in my placenta that was pulling away..
    AMEN thanks for your Post Jesus does love us

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's moments like these that being here is so very hard. i used to try and empathize with you, being so far away, but always i came up short. now, in the middle of this most exciting time of our Church's year, i feel it deeply. I got the lowdown from a few very excited and expectant people but it's just not the same. i miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so great! God is so amazing. I mean He did make this huge world for us to live on until He comes to take us home! I was just in Buffalo so I am in awe of how long it can take to get there and then back! Oh yeah and I am back now! YAY. See ya Sunday!

    AnDi

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is good. A couple of years ago I lost my Father and God showed me then that He truly has a plan. We usually don't understand it but God sees the bigger picture and we have to trust him. I didn't understand why I had to lose my Father and other people got to keep theirs, but God has brought much comfort to me throughout the years. Nothing can bring those people back, but we can keep their meemories alive in our hearts forever. I know that in this household Chris will NEVER be forgotten. We will tell Seth all about his Uncle Chris when he gets older.

    ReplyDelete