Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Last week my children were playing outside wearing nothing but shorts and T-shirts. Today it is very cold; sunny at last, but cold, nonetheless. It feels like a bit of a setback.

Still, I know spring is coming. One cold day--indeed, even a string of cold days--doesn't change that.

I am not the most optimistic of sorts. And often, in the midst of the setbacks of life, I am convinced that it means that "spring" is never coming.

But that's not true. He said that He will complete the good work He's begun in me. Period. A bad day--indeed, even a string of bad days--doesn't change that.

I'm glad.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the response to my "grandma" question! I'm looking forward to making special memories with our grandkids. Like you said, I want to plan for some up front, rather than waiting for them to evolve...while also knowing that some of the best ones may evolve, but I don't want to waste any time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you call me when you get this?
    My number is in the book. I lost yours again (sigh).

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems this saturday we are busy but anyother one would be fine. Unless of course you are booked. My inlaws are finally having our neighboors over for dinner and some other people so they have been wanting to do this since before I went to Buffalo. So let us know what is good for you guys! We normally only go to my inlaws Saturday for pizza, we can skip once, we have before! Talk to you soon!

    AnDi

    ReplyDelete