Friday, April 7, 2006

Liking:

--a cleaned-out upstairs closet that now awaits his belongings
--having two apple pies made in preparation for tomorrow night
--husband being home all afternoon
--Bronwyn's German-English "language"
--a lock on the door to the basement
--visiting with my sister and knowing it's not just more fun than work, but more important, too
--being on the list to receive presbytery


Not liking:

--baby not taking a good nap all day
--crud in the crevices of sippy-cup lids that won't come out no matter what I try
--rats living in our basement and crawling around inside our bedroom walls
--the chandelier for my dining room sitting in a box
--the lack of closet space and storage space
--that less than half my "to do"s for the day are crossed off
--torn book pages and broken toys

4 comments:

  1. Rats?! Oh  my  goodness!
    For me that would be worded a bit more strongly than "not liking". Rats freak me out a bit. We did have mice in many of the walls in our New York house, and could hear them at night, but, other than the noise, they pretty much kept to themselves. I hope you catch those critters soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you mean by Bronwyn's "German- English" language? The reason I ask is that when I saw her for that short time at your house, I thought she reminded me a lot of my Emily. We always say that she speaks (and acts) German. I still am curious to see them together. I bet they are a lot alike. Maybe they're nothing alike and I just misunderstood you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rats.  Nice.  When I first moved into my current house, I had (believe it or not) squirrels coming in to keep me company.  Let me know if you want to borrow my have-a-heart trap.  It's perfect for creatures that size.  - Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't have rats, but we have caught a few dozen mice in our four years in our house...we think it has something to do with our old, water-damaged foundation...still better than rats, I think.  Thank you for your prayers, too...it is definitely an adjustment going from one child to two, probably even more so for Caedmon than for me, but we are slowly figuring things out :).

    ReplyDelete