Thursday, April 24, 2008

Gabriel


This afternoon, I left the house with my 5-year-old little man holding my hand and skipping at my side. We were off to a doctor's appointment for him (OK... so this is me confessing that his 5yo check-up came 2 months late... ), but he was excited because I would be taking him out to eat at a place of his choosing beforehand. I was excited because it isn't very often that I get to do something one-on-one with any of my children!

We had a blast together. He talked and talked and talked as he always does, but this time I could listen and nod and respond appropriately without interruptions or frustration on my part.

He was pretty cute at the doctor's office, too. Very amiable and compliant. Polite and good-humored. I was relieved pleased.

I love Gabriel. He's a brilliant, creative little boy. His thoughts are so definitive and his questions so studious! It was such a blessing to spend two hours with him, just the two of us.

And, yes, Daniel officially gets the What-a-Guy award for staying home with the three little ones and letting me catch up with my firstborn!


4 comments:

  1. It's so rare that I find time to enjoy my kids one-on-one. That time really is so special-not only for them but for mama too!
    I'm glad you enjoyed your afternoon:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that one-on-one time, too.
    I love to see the excitement that sharing $1 kiddie cones can bring.
    Better than a million bucks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bri,I'm glad you had such a wonderful two whole hours with your firstborn!! Oh yeah...Daniel definately gets the "What-a-guy" award!!!

    ReplyDelete