Monday, January 14, 2008

Doing Well


Aubrey got another great report at her appointment today with the cardiologist.

She weighs 10lbs5oz (5%-tile) and is 24" long (25%-tile), and her head circumference is 15" (5%-tile). The cardiologists don't have a special growth chart for cardiac kids, but if they did I bet she'd be just about smack-dab in the middle. Aside from her plateau in late December-- which is entirely explained by her heart failure-- she has been growing very consistently and steadily. She has gained almost 3lbs since we brought her home on October 4th.

Her EKG did show occasional dips (slowing down) in Aubrey's heart rate. This problem was seen the last day we were in the PICU, as well. Dr. Byrum feels it may be due to higher levels of Digoxin (which is the medication that regulates her heart rate) in her body than she needs, so we were sent down to the lab to get some bloodwork done. I should hear the results tomorrow.

In talking with Dr. Byrum, we were very encouraged by his expressed hope that surgery will not be for "quite some months." Aubrey's health is what dictates the time frame and she is doing very, very well.

We are tired from another day of travel, but very thankful for another good appointment and decent roads to and fro (there was very little snow... for the most part).

11 comments:

  1. Thank You, Jesus for the wonderful News! 
     I missed Jack's birthday so I will be forwarding a card.  I had him on my calendar for Jan. 18,  sorry!  Hope it was a happy one!  But I send my love, 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 2nd birthday to Jackson! Glad to hear Aubrey is doing so well:) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for great reports and good driving weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jack is 2?!?!  Happy Birthday to him!  Guess I better start thinking about someone's 2nd over this way.
    And congrats to Aubrey!  (Ally is still only in the 10th-weight, 25th-height and 75-head)  I'm praying this next baby will have a smaller head than Ally's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so thankful for a good visit, report, day, etc   We will keep on praying!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daniel and Brietta,
    I am so glad for the great update news.. I am often thinking of you guys, especially when Isit down I see you house daily. I was so veryexcited about the word that Bob D. shared with you all on Sunday, how totally
    refreshing was that. God is in control and
    Dave and I have been were you are and I
    know how important the encouragement is.
    After these appointment's, when you can
    leave the Doctor's office with good news,
    well let me just say I know how awesome it
    it.. You leave with a sigh of relief and a big
    smile going on inside and a pure taste of
    joy and excitement... Right.... God is going
    to show His Glory, we have tasted of those
    things and you will too... Thank-You God
    for the praise reports now and in the future..  Love You Guys,  Dave and Connie

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a blessig for us all when you have such a good report to give on Aubrey.  God is so good, we all need to be reminded!

    ReplyDelete