Monday, January 7, 2008

10lbs!


Aubrey weighed 10lbs-even at her visit today with our local doctor! This seems like a huge milestone, especially after the past few weeks of not much growth.

She also had a follow-up chest x-ray, but I've not heard the results of that. Prayerfully, the fluid in her lungs has decreased as a result of all the coughing and expelling she's been doing the last few days.

It's been a sleepless two weeks or so around here, but I'm hoping the worst is behind us. Today, while my two bigger kids were at Lisa's house, the two youngest slept for almost 2.5 hours-- which may be the longest sleeping stretch Aubrey has had since well before she went into heart failure. Instead of cleaning the bathroom or folding laundry or re-organizing my life or even putting Christmas decorations away, I turned on a favorite movie and fell asleep. It was great!

And maybe Aubrey gained another ounce or two while she was sleeping. (I think I did anyway-- or wait, was that the soup Lisa sent home with me that did it?!)

By way of update, since several have asked, my battles with thrush and mastitis were readily dealt with and I was grateful to have it all behind me by the time we were making our trip to the PICU last week. The best part is that even though I did end up going the antibiotic route for the mastitis, I have not had a re-occurance of thrush so far, which was my big concern. I've been loading up on probiotics and-- aside from the Christmas - New Year's week-- have not eaten much in the way of flours, sugars and fruits, and I'm sure this has all helped; but mostly, I think God has been gracious.

But to get back on-subject: 10lbs!! We're happy.


10 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!!
    I know what it is like to finally hit that 10lbs mark. It took lois almost 3 months to grow out of preemie clothing. I remember when she was 10lbs when we had her weigh in. I wanted to throw a party.
    Congrats!! way to go Aubrey!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news - I'm glad for your news and your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo-hoo!  Go Aubrey!And I'm glad to hear you got a rest too - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 10lbs!  On her way to chubbiness!  Is she in 3-6 months now?  Glad for the good news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Brietta & Aubrey:) So glad to hear some positive news! Is it as warm in northern NY as it is down here in Rochester? We're at a whopping 55 degrees!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!  So happy things are going better!  10lbs is great!  Now I have to get weight on Matthew .  He needs at least 5 pounds to be safe to be eligible for ROTC....We're trying for that scholarship that will fully pay his way...hopefully he will accept it if he gets it.  He can go for one year before making a committment to the Air Force.  But back on to weight....I looked up Joy's weight gain, she was born at 8lb 4 1/2 oz, but really only gained a pound a month after that.  And she nursed every 2 hours till 7 months, but she did sleep through the night at about 3 months...actually after that 10 pound milestone they are closer to being able to do that, physically anyway....Anyway, I have down that she was 10lb 9oz at 11 weeks and 12lb 9oz at 20 weeks.  And her doctor was never worried, and I'm grateful she's been really healthy.  So even comparing to a small healthy baby(small by today's standards anyway) Aubrey is doing great.....I think Joy gained about 6 pounds in the last year, we have to make her yearly appt soon, her birthday was 2 months ago...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rejoicing with you all!  God is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a big milestone!!! I'm glad to hear she's doing so well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray!  And I'm proud of you for taking a nap!!!  I know it's not always easy to "let" yourself do that - but I'm so glad you did, you needed that rest!  

    ReplyDelete
  10. 10 pounds?! That's AWESOME! It's so wonderful to hear such good news.  :)
    I was wondering if you were still battling with thrush and mastitis. I'm glad that it's gone. (I had both with Wes, so I empathize.)
    I bet Gabriel and Bronwyn had tons of fun over at Lisa's! That soup sounds really good, too. I'll have to try my hand at that, sometime soon.
    After the holidays and the New Year's hospital trip and all the general craziness, how are you feeling? If there is anything that I can do, to brighten your day, please let me know. It would make my day, too!  ;)

    ReplyDelete