Friday, October 5, 2007

Loved

Aubrey was greeted in the driveway with much excitement yesterday evening when we arrived home. Her big brothers and sister are pretty enamored with her and the challenge with them is to not squelch their awe and interest in issuing instructions like, "You need to go wash your hands before you come near her," and, "Don't sneeze near the baby."

I didn't get much sleep last night, but that's OK. I'm so glad to be here and even more glad to be the one changing diapers and nursing Aubrey in the wee hours-- though such activities did take place far more times than I'd anticipated! In the way of confession, I must admit that not all the sleep deprivation can be blamed on anyone but myself, as I woke at least once an hour even when Aubrey was asleep to make sure she was warm/cool enough, breathing gently, and contented. I even woke at tmes just to look at her and to savor the fact that she was
sleeping right there next to my bed in the same basket each of my
children have slept in as infants.

Honestly, one might think this is my first baby all over again!

And when Bronwyn and Jackson stumbled downstairs at 5:30am, eyes barely open, Aubrey and I were sitting on the couch together to greet them. There were early morning snuggles and this mama got lots and lots of kisses. Unpacked suitcases, piles of paperwork, apprehension about the future, and concerns about tomorrow all faded into the background as I reveled in the simple moments I have so missed.

So, yes, today I am rather tired, but mostly I am feeling very loved by a God who has been endlessly gracious toward me.


8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're home. I can't wait to meet your little princess. You've been missed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! I love it! I've been wanting to ask you if you have any kind of baby front-pack you can carry her around in that is comfortable and secure enough to still do other stuff that must be done? I might be able to get you a used Ergo if you're interested in one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the way this has happened has been so amazing!  God is in the business of Miracle Working.
    I'm so happy for you and Daniel.
    -James'

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad to hear you are all back home together.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. welcome home.
    welcome, welcome, welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so nice for all of you to be back home, I know how excited we all were when Maygen came home. Good Luck and Congrats and really looking forward to meeting your little daughter

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is loved indeed!  I told Daniel on the phone, but please let us know if there is anything that you need.  We are more than happy to help (assuming that I'm not in the hospital myself.  Dr. Dewar's prediction next week was that I'll have the baby this week- we will see!)
    Also, remember that it takes a FULL six weeks to recover from a c-section.  Don't try to do too much too fast! 

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could copy Abby's post exactly except for the part of having a baby this week!  So do let me know if there is anything I can do and do try to not do too much too fast.  Enjoy your little girl. 

    ReplyDelete