Thursday, October 11, 2007

4 Weeks

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It doesn't feel like 4 weeks. I think this is largely because having Aubrey here in the home is fresh and extremely new. We are all very much still adjusting to the schedule (what schedule?!), needs, patterns, and demands of life with a new baby around.

Aubrey is the love of us all, so that even when the pressures of her medical condition start to weigh heavily on my heart and days, there are always quick reminders that she is so worth it.

In the past couple days, Aubrey has been given some very wonderful gifts. Actually, in the past 4 weeks she's been given lots and lots of very wonderful gifts! But these particular gifts, crafted by several friends, beg sharing as they are unique and handmade just for Aubrey.

1. Endless thanks to these two friends, who have prayed without ceasing & worked tirelessly to bless our family throughout this difficult season-- and still found time to make some precious things for our baby doll.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


2. And how wonderful is it that the love and support represented in each stitch of this gift arrive today, when tears are near and weariness is setting in on my soul? I am so thankful for dear & true friends who know me, my fears & my weaknesses, and who love me anyway.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


14 comments:

  1. Those pillows and blankets are SO adorable. I wish I had the time and talent to make similar ones for my babies! You are very blessed to have such great friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad it arrived!!  I have been wanting to ask if it came but didn't want to spoil the surprise.  Even though we haven't seen you in what seems like forever and though Aubrey has yet to meet us, we hope you feel loved and thought of.  Cause you are!  All of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, she is so lovely! When your blog popped open and I saw the pic, I laughed out loud and had "shiver bumps" - it's just such a JOY to see her :) The gifts are precious! Love to you! Q

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what wonderful gifts for a wonderful baby and her family! 

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say that weaknesses considered, there is plenty to love you for "because" and very little "in spite of"...

    Not more than a couple of hours passes around here without thoughts of or prayers for Aubrey and for all of you.

    I have come to look forward to these updates with a great deal of anticipation... and it's even better when there are pictures--She's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad the blanket arrived!!!
    She is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so pretty! I am happy for you and Bronwyn for the new girl addition to your family. Its kinda neat having an even number of boys and girls in the house probably. Well I hope you all are doing well, it looks like you are.

    AnDi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic picture! She is just happy and precious and beautiful!!! What wonderful gifts... it is so great the Lord blesses us w/wonderful friends.  

    ReplyDelete
  9. Her face has already matured!  She's growing up already!  Four weeks?  Crazy.  So, does she look like Jackson?  She kinda does to me.  What about that red hair?  Still red?  So, cute.  You are blessed.  And, you must be tired!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is so cute, still praying always for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful gifts you got.   Your daughter is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete