Friday, June 30, 2006

So, yeah, we're still going to Victory and we love it; love the pastor, love the kids' programs. We're getting connected with people. Wayne is thriving there.

I haven't been good about reading my Bible everyday, but I try to. I want to please God, you know?

If I can just communicate to my kids with my life what Jesus has done for them, I'll feel like I did my job. Is that right? Is that enough?

These are snippets of a phone conversation I had today with a woman I purposed to get to know 3 and 1/2 years ago so that I could share Christ with her. At the time, she didn't attend a church, dabbled in Scientology, had been raised Catholic, and was struggling in her marriage.

Not now. That is not the story today at all.

Sometimes I forget that when He said the harvest was plentiful, that He was speaking the truth, because it seems like there are none that are hungry. And then other times--like now--I marvel at the simplicity of sharing His love; it really can be done in the midst of just making a new friend.

1 comment:

  1. I think you're speaking of Roe. Good to hear she's doing so well:)
    Miss you tons!!!

    ReplyDelete