Thursday, June 1, 2006

Today we went shopping. Just Daniel and I. (OK--Jack was there, too, but nursing babies don't count against "alone-time" as far as we're concerned.)

I shopped.

I talked--a lot. About a lot of things.

I bought gifts for upcoming weddings.

I found $2.99 shirts for Daniel.

I proved 1 and a 1/2 hours to be the perfect amount of time for relieving myself of all my pent-up thoughts.

I decided I needn't be stressed any more. Not about Gabriel. Not about money. Not about house projects. Not about a summer schedule that involves Daniel being gone and traveling a whole lot. Not about discipline tactics or mothering failures.

I ate a Twizzler. (Or two... or three, actually.)

I discovered that I finally have a baby who likes being in his stroller even inside a mall.

I purchased plaid shorts for Gabriel. And two dresses for Bronwyn.

I remembered one of the reasons I love being married: having Daniel as my best friend.

5 comments:

  1. three cheers for best friends and the rediscovery of them! that's what ryan and i did on sunday--took a loooong walk and just talked.

    i'm glad you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. weird. a boy is your best friend.

    haha. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. A spouse as your best friend is a best friend indeed.  As Sonny put it on our honeymoon, "Being married is like being able to have a co-ed slumber party every night of your life!"

    ReplyDelete